Ratings for Dr. Kendra K. Shih

Kendra Shih did not listen to my concerns, and she pressured me to agree to medication and other treatments after I had repeatedly said no. She is judgmental, condescending, and cold. Seeing her made me feel much worse than I felt when I started. Not seeing a doctor at all would have been better than seeing her.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2013

This doctor is very unprofessional and borderline unethical. For the 8 months I saw her she took me on and put me back on numerous medications which ended up in a hospitilazation from an over does on all behavioral meds (my doses were 3x what they should have been) Not to mention she is very biased and closed-minded. My main emotional issues were depression and anxiety. A red flag should have went up when she wouldn't prescribe me an anti-anxiety med. Since I am college aged, she accused me of "selling them on the streets", "abusing them b/c of my age" and saying that I will "become a hopeless alcohol addict because my dad is an alcoholic". Apparently xanax turns you into a wino...I have no words... Since she prescribed me too much I now have to take measures in order to not have a seizure. The last straw came when she randonly told me I am a psychotic and said I need to be immediately put into the psych ward and receive electric convulsive therapy. WTF?!

flag | Submitted April 21, 2011

Whip smart and very personable. Very easy to talk to. A nice person. I only saw her once for a consultation, but she spent LOTS of time explaining possible treatment options. Knows a lot about medications and even drew graphs on her white board! If you like science, you'll love her. She goes through a standard structured interview during your initial consultation, so you have to answer a lot of questions that seem unrelated to your current problems. But she spends time with you to make sure your questions are answered. I decided not to pursue pharmaceutical treatment and she didn't push me either way. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2009

Very good doctor...Thinks deeply, but asks tough open-ended questions. Overall, Dr. Shih is very good!

flag | Submitted January 30, 2005

Dr. Kendra K. Shih's Credentials

• Northwestern Univ Med Sch, Chicago Il 60611 (Grad. 2001)

Medical Mutual Of Ohio