Ratings for Dr. Dennis N. Carter

flag | Submitted August 15, 2014

Dr Carter was the doctor on call when I gave birth a year ago. Any question I had was met with impatience, and I was made to feel I was wasting his time when just asking routine normal questions such as when I might be able to go home. My birth plan was not important to him and he barked orders and made the entire experience memorable in a very unpleasant way. I would never ever recommend him, nor will I knowingly seek a physician in the same office as his where he may be on call.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2014

Dr Carter is a good surgeon. I had a hysterectomy that went well. However, turns out that I didn’t actually need a hysterectomy. Dr Carter, like many other doctors are quick to jump to surgery as an option as opposed to exploring the root of the problem and then working on that problem in order to heal the symptoms. While the surgery went well, I have had many other issues caused by the surgery (hormone imbalance, muscular issues, etc.). Dr Carter never talked to me about any repercussions of the surgery nor anything I should do post surgery to help maintain my bodies’ balance. Dr Carter is of the old-school mentality of ‘if it doesn’t work correctly, let’s take it out’. I wish I would have gone with a second opinion from a more progressive doctor that would have helped me heal my body without taking away any parts.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2013

My wife is fully confident in him as she reports for her annual wellness exams.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2013

Dr. Dennis N. Carter's Credentials

• Tulane Univ Sch Of Med, New Orleans La 70112 (Grad. 1979)

Bakery & Confectionary Union Plan