Ratings for Dr. Dirk T. Carlson

He was very nonchalant about my concerns which ended up being verified by another doctor. He is nice but a little too laid back. I would not recommend him if you may have problems during pregnancy.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2016

Dr Carlson performed hysterectomy and oophorectomy on me in January 2014. I would highly recommend him to anyone. My stay at St Luke's post op was also excellent. The care that I received from the nursing staff was top-notch.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2015

Dr. Carson is AMAZING! He is friendly, funny, and enjoyable to talk to. He understands all your needs and doesn't talk to you like a doctor. I have been going to him for prenatal care and regular paps for 2 years and he is THE BEST I have ever seen. My last couple of paps have been abnormal and him and his nurse made me feel very comfortable with it and less scared something could be seriously wrong. I would recommend him to ANYONE!

flag | Submitted June 2, 2014

Dr. Carlson is a great doctor. He delivered my second born and it was the best experience I had out of my 3 pregnancies. He's very caring, his bedside manor is the best. Wish I could of had him through all my pregnancies!!

flag | Submitted April 12, 2014

Dr. Carlson and his staff are the best. I have been seeing specialist for years and never felt as welcome and taken care of as I did with Dr. carlson and his staff.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2013

Dr.Carlson is so friendly! He was my mothers OB and delivered my sister and I and recently I had a daughter of my own and I went to him for all my prenatal care. His staff is so friendly and they knew me after a few appointments. They were so helpful through my pregnancy and I never left the office not knowing what was coming next!

flag | Submitted July 8, 2013

Dr. Carlson makes you feel comfortable and explains things in a way you would understand. He also has a sense of humor! Dr. Carlson is the only reason I am staying at St. Lukes.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2012

Very knowledgeable. Excellent doctor, great surgical skills - performs successful surgeries that other doctors are not able to do.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2011

He is a wonderful doctor. Very friendly, fun to interact with, and knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2011

Dr. Dirk T. Carlson's Credentials

• University Of Alabama School Of Medicine (Grad. 1983)

MSP/BC Med