Ratings for Dr. Karen A. Altay

Dr. Altay is a wonderful doctor. She is nice and personable. I'm seeing her for fertility treatments, and I have two beautiful children thanks to her. I'm also working on my third child. I highly recommend her for any female related check up!

flag | Submitted April 10, 2013

I have two friends that also go to Dr. Altay and we all think she is fantastic. I have never had someone sit down and consult with me for that long (maybe 15 or 20 minutes) prior to seeing the doctor! They are very thorough in getting to know their patients background. I was very impressed with Dr. Altay as well. Nobody really wants to visit the gyno but it's nice to leave feeling less worried than you were when you arrived. She takes her time and will field any question you may have on your mind. I have found a gyno I will be sticking with, and that is great considering I'm in my thirties already.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2013

I have been with Dr. Altay for some time for infertility. She has seen me through multiple IUI cycles and a laparoscopy. While she does not do IVF, she will do everything possible leading up to it to make sure you need it. She always told me exactly what was going on, what my infertility complications were, answered all my questions (even though she had more patients waiting), and didn't sugar-coat my situation. She is extremely personable, down-to-earth, and "gentle" down there. I'm currently pregnant through IVF, and she didn't think I was crazy for having so many questions, concerns, and worries after finally getting pregnant. Like I said, she will spend plenty of time with you, so that's why she's not always on schedule (especially in the PM). It's worth the wait to know I'm not going to get husled out the door. Her staff is the absolute best as well. They are super friendly, and it doesn't feel like you're in a doctor's office at all.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2010

Dr. Altay is so nice and so helpful. Her staff reflect her own attitude and are equally wonderful. She does all the procedures herself, which I love for continuity of care. Also, she suggests procedures and will give pros and cons so the patient can make an informed decision. She is cautious and will test if at all unsure, which I appreciate since the last time a doctor guessed and was wrong, I had cancer. I'll take the extra test any day of the week, thank you! That said, when I requested a test, she explained thoroughly and meaningfully why it was uneccesary so I was confident in her decision.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2010

Dr. Karen A. Altay's Credentials

• Univ Of Il Coll Of Med, Chicago Il 60680 (Grad. 1979)