Ratings for Dr. Michael V. Gavino

Went to Dr. Gavino for the Essure procedure and he talked me into the Mirena. Got home and researched the Mirena only to find many side effects and that it has hormones in it. I was upset because I explained that my body cannot handle the hormones in the pill, etc. Called and found out it was ordered and billed to my medicaid insurance, and that basically I am not able to find an alternative procedure, other than the birth control pill, shot because he billed my insurance and they think I have the Mirena, and that lasts for 5 years. Staff is rude and not very knowledgeable, very disappointed, 42 years old and now again I have to play around with birth control. He did not explain that it had hormones and he did not explain any of the side effects, such as: acne, weight gain, etc. Very disappointed, would not recommend this doctor to anyone I know. So, almost a year later, I still didn't get the procedure done, and I will not go with the Mirena.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2012

very understanding and answers any questions you may have you will leave feeling at peace.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2009

Dr. Michael V. Gavino's Credentials

• University Of Illinois At Chicago Health Science Center (Grad. 2003)