Ratings for Dr. Pandu Shetty

The Staff are excellent, friendly & professional. Prompt service and short wait time. Upon seeing Dr.Shetty he was punctual kind & concerned regarding my file. He spoke to me regarding my case & quickly had staff order my procedure with a follow up procedure in six months. Dr. Shetty is very knowledgeable and my experiences with he & his staff have been positive and I feel like I am important. Thank you to Dr. shetty Staff.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr. Shetty for 10 years and I have found him to be attentive and knowledgeable. We pray he does not retire as there is no rheumatologist in Sarnia. He is an internist but I rely on him more than any rheumatologist that has been here.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2017

he has horrible bedside manor. he called my mother a liar to her face, and told her she should be committed to the insane asylum because he didn't believe she smokes. she's smoked since she was 16. he did absolutely nothing to help her, and all but forced her to leave when she went in for crippling pain.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2016

Dr P Shetty is the best doctor i have come across in last 40 years. He takes time to talk to you and cares for patient. We are lucky to have him in Sarnia.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2015

Dr P Shetty knows his medicine. He has always been kind and considerate to me and has given me excellent advice for my hypertension. A grateful patient

flag | Submitted January 19, 2015

This man is not my doctor so I cannot speak as to staff and punctuality. Obviously knows his stuff by some of the comments made here however on three occasions in emergency I found him to be a most disagreeable, arrogant person. The first time was 8 years ago with my husband who was suffering from secondary adrenal insufficiency which was later diagnosed by another more efficient and caring doctor. At the time my husband had developed dementia and without doing any diagnostic work, Shetty told me to look for a nursing home for him. With the correct diagnoses and medication my husband is leading a happy and fulfilling life as I type this. The second was when my mother was taken to emergency due to severe COPD. Her condition was critical and she died within hours however not before Shetty stepped into a full waiting room and demanded of me "How long has your mother been an alcoholic!" I was dumbfounded and angry. My mother was 80 years old and enjoyed a rye and coke in the evenings. Despite the fact as to whether she was or was not an alcoholic, Shetty's actions were inexcusable. The third occasion was 2 years ago and he was the doctor on call at the time I was admitted for emergency surgery. There were problems getting my heart rate and blood pressure stabilized and he had ordered meds for this. I was very sedated and weak when I asked about the meds as I wasn't on any other prescribed medication. He was very abrupt with me and without a warning, shoved his bare hand into my gown and roughly pushed my breast aside to, I assume, feel my heart rate. He then said I could probably go off the meds within a short time. When I spoke to my surgeon afterwards I said I had issues with Shetty and would prefer someone else. He was taken off my case no questions asked.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2014

I have had a very poor impression of Dr. Shetty's secretary , What is her malfuncion? RUDE...RUDE...RUDE beyond belief. This gal should be fired . She is so miserable and a B.... Pandu is a very nice man sometimes doesn't hear you out when you have an issue but overall nice guy. I give them a ZERO rating at answering there phone. What a joke this is, always an answering machine and NEVER a return call till the end of the day . I have to say Pandu needs to really get rid of the secretary that hates her job and replace her with a gal who has some compassion for people on the phone and in person. The message on the phone says I am currently with a patient or on the other line ...B.S she is sitting there being rude to whoever crosses her path. I am just steaming about this witch, get rid of her Pandu, she should not reflect badly on your medical practice, and try just once to answer your phone sometime, if you are too busy cut back the practice.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2013

Dr. Pandu Shetty was my Doctor when I was in the hospital. I found him to be very rude and very poor bedside manners. My roommate in my hospital room also shocked on how rudely he was speaking to me concerning my major health issue. The physiotherapist also noticed how rude he was towards me and how he totally ignored my major health issues. My two weeks at the hospital under Dr. Shetty care was horrible experience and it still haunts me after ten years. After my hospital visit I was cared for at his office , but when I had issue with a prescription from him ,he told through his receptionist that Dr. Pandu Shetty no longer wants me in his office. He is not all knowledgeable on health issues and and anti thyriod medications. I eventual went to London where I was treated for my health issue and was treated with dignity and respect.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2013

Dr.Shetty was my Diabetes Dr for the 8 years that I lived in Sarnia. I found him to be very knowlegable and always very professional and polite. I would say he is the BEST Dr. that I have had in my 65 years. I have moved 4 hours away and no longer can go to him, unfortunately.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2012

i think Dr Shetty is wonderful but he needs a new secretary with bedside manners.Sheis simply rude and to only get refills on your scripts at scedule appointments is crazy. i am not able to get mine until DEC.. what is that all about. i am so mad at this kind of treatment.look for someone new Dr Shetty, i am not the only one who thinks like this either..word of mouth travels.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2012