Ratings for Dr. John T. Adkins

I've been a patient of Dr. Adkins for 25 years. He is a good dr but he is lacking greatly in bedside manner. He does not look at you when he talks and he never remembers me or my issues. I've had 3 surgeries for endometriosis with him and he does an excellent job in the operating room. Even with severe endometriosis I was able to have 3 healthy children. I just wish I didn't have to wait so long at each visit and that he remembered me or at least would read my records before he came in to talk to me. Currently I am looking for a new gynecologist who has a more outgoing personality and shows an interest in my issues.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2017

Dr Adkins is very knowledgeable and his treatments worked for me. He follows up with your lab results, etc. He recommended good doctors for me. I have been seeing him for 6 months now and made good progress in solving my problems. The wait can be about 1 to 2 hours sometimes. But it's worth the wait for me.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2012

He is never on time, and the wait can be hours, but he is very well-read and very knowledgeable for a doctor. If you have the time to see him, he can be a lot of help. His bedside manner is lacking, but he's very quiet, so I don't think he's trying to be rude. He's just not that comfortable seeming around people.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2008

Dr. John T. Adkins's Credentials

• Baylor College Of Medicine (Grad. 1986)

Oxford