Ratings for Dr. Lee R. DeBow

I went to school with Lee. It's good to see that over all these years he hasn't changed a bit.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2017

Dr. Debow has the personality of a rude dish rag. He is stern and short when speaking and has very little to say. He just wants to dispense medications.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2012

I went to this doctor for many years. Each visit had to have lasted only two or three minutes with him only subscribing my medication and NEVER once asking how I was doing. I was very young when I went to him and did not know better. During each visit, I always wrote him a check at the end of each appointment, yet I was ALWAYS still billed. I would have to go in to talk to those involved with finance at Sheppard Pratt constantly to tell them that I had already paid for an appointment just to have them lie and say I did not. Very shady.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2011

Excellent psychiatrist. Medication management requires monthly checks and insurance only allows for a few minutes time, so if I need therapy I go to a psychologist mostly or set up acomprehensive appt with Psychiatrist. I have been going to him for 10 years and he has always been helpful, does not rush the appt, but I'm not there to talk long because it is only a medication check. I will highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2011

Useless, rude, disinterested. He said my meds hadn't worked for 17 years (not true), so why try now? I think he talked to me just to charge the insurance company for his time. After two visits (at Sheppard Pratt day hospital, where I was for meds management), I demanded and got another dr. I wouldn't let him treat my dog!

flag | Submitted November 14, 2010

flag | Submitted September 12, 2010

Lee Debow is the worst psychiatrist I have had in 20 years of therapy. I used him for only med checks, once a month, for what seemed like 10 seconds of his time. Each visit cost me $25, and I was in and out. What did I get for my $25? Belittlement and an aloof attitude. I think he entered psychiatry for the money, because he has an incredibly negative bedside manner. It's unclear whether his profession or his background provide him with his piles of money, but he is never ashamed to describe his fabulous home or wonderful personal chef to you. Who is really the one expected to talk during these sessions, the patient who has problems/issues, or the braggart therapist?

flag | Submitted July 27, 2010

I saw Dr. Debow while I was a day patient at Sheppard Pratt. I said I would be going to the market one weekend, and he responded with "My cook shops there". I know his house was designed by the same architect that designed the Belvedere Hotel, and was built for the original owners. When I told him I was having a bad day, and why (an issue that had been going on for years and a direct cause of my depression, and I was aware of it) he replied with "well you're going to have to get over that." Yes. I'm aware. Odd little man, who had no 'bedside manner' at all. I appreciated the medication, but felt that overall, could have benefitted much more from someone else.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2010

I think I am more interested in the well being of people I dislike than this guy has for his patients. This man has found such a great money making scheme, I almost want to go to school for Psychiatry. I used to not care because all I needed was his signature for my meds which have been working and I don't need any advice. When I began taking a new medication for another non-psychiatric issue and I needed his expertise about the interactions with my medications, he simply said he thinks he remembers that medication causing psychosis in other patients so to "keep an eye on that." I finally just got so sick of giving him my money so I'm finding a new doctor.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2009

I don't think i've ever had an appointment that lasted more than 2 minutes. Never even asked me how I was doing. He WAS kind enough to give me free samples of my medication, but never bothered to truly see how I was reacting to the medication. Seems to always be angry at something, and once during an appointment he cussed out a co-worker over the phone. I sometimes wondered if he had worse mental problems than myself. Scary guy.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2009

Dr. Lee R. DeBow's Credentials

• University Of Chicago - Pritzker School Of Medicine (Grad. 1971)

Delta Dental