Ratings for Dr. Shelley Rechner

I'm an otherwise healthy 62 yr old male. Went to emergency ward with severe abdominal pain. After 2 hr wait and in tears my own diagnosis of kidney stones was accepted and given Morphine. Pain subsides and sent to ultra sound . One more round of morphine and apparent results read to me by intern. NO STONES everything looks normal. Go home take an aspirin and here is a anti inflammatory prescription. Felt surprised and somewhat reprimanded. He would send a copy to my GP Dr. Rechner. My wife was with me and got a copy of the report. Pain was much less because stone had moved and the morphine. Back home 3 hrs later and Dr. Rechner is on the phone, she has a very friendly and direct manner. Wow she says you have a huge 1.5 cm stone in you, what are you doing at home? Aren't you in pain? I have the ultra sound here and I'm surprised you're walking. We must have a different report than you I said. And we did. Our copy was of a 3yr old scan done post op for another stone I'd had at that time and it read all clear. The bold date on top of the scan , the emergency room intern, the scan operator were all wrong. The right scan had been emailed to Rechner. She arranged a return to emergency and got in direct contact with on call Urologist and they had me admitted and on morphine for 48 hrs and stone was blasted and removed. I feel awesome now! Had it not been for Dr. Rechner's keen eye I would have endured a lot more suffering before cured!

flag | Submitted July 15, 2017

Been going to see Dr Rechner for over 2 years now. Very funny. Always trying to give you the best care. However staff is rude, unprofessional! Seen a lot of changes in the past year with staff. Heard that management is the reason why so many left. Don't blame them. New staff are rude and not very helpful when I need anything or call to make an appt for my kids.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

New receptionist Shannon is excellent in her role. Dr Rechner is always punctual, thorough in her review of your symptoms; listens to patients concerns & insights. A collaborative doctor who goes the extra mile to discover root cause issues to fix the problems, not just treating the symptoms. Thanks!

flag | Submitted May 8, 2017

Very funny Doctor who really works with you, to make you feel better. Though not so funny in recent changes in staff. Not very friendly and disrespectful. Seen a lot of staff changes in the past year. Maybe they need to look at that, as to why this is...Or maybe change of management, is the answer.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2017

She is extremely caring follows through , knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2016

I love Dr. Rechner she is caring and friendly. I love the nurses that work for here they are wonderul. I however do not like the waiting time, the fact that you have to call at 9am for an appointment if they even have spaces for you that day, and the new receptionist is quite rude. Shes rude talking to you shes rude on the phone shes rude

flag | Submitted January 6, 2016

Excellent doctor. She has been my doctor for 16 years and find her to be very knowledgeable and caring.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2016

Recently came in to see my Doctor & noticed a HUGE change. For the better, I might add. Her new secretary is a delight. Very friendly, helpful & polite! I dont have to wait long to be seen anymore. You can see that everyone is working together & its nice to see fresh new faces. Dr Rechner deals with my issues and always follows up on my reports.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2015

Nice lady but always very long waits she shows interest in my health and orders tests that might help and goes over them at later dates with me thoug I always feel that we are missing something because time and time again I have problems not being sloved

flag | Submitted October 20, 2014

I have waited over an hour for appointments before, she comes in and doesn't properly examine me. She never fully listens to what I am saying, and its obvious she doesn't want to be there. I called in a few weeks ago for test results, and day after day she said she didn't have them, I finally made an appointment about 2 weeks after and she had received the results the day after the tests had been preformed. She isn't a horrible doctor, but not one of the best I have seen.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2013