Ratings for Dr. Martin B. Tanner

I liked him in the beginning but that changed quickly. As soon as you start having problems and want an explanation he just wants to brush you off. He is not a very compassionate doctor at all, very dry and acts as though you're bothering him. When a woman has something wrong with her reproductive systems it's very hard and he seem to have no sympathy at all. He was so excited to do my surgery while I was obviously upset and depressed...he made me feel as low as a dog that morning laughing and talking as nothing was wrong. I don't think he cares about his patients at all.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2015

Arrogant and dismissive, he assumes that you have no idea how your body works. When asked a question, he recites information you could have found by doing an internet search. The answer is not based on your situation or personal health history, so you receive no substantive insight whatsoever.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2012

I finally got pregnant after 3yrs of trying..at 7 weeks I began spotting and called my doctor who wasn't on call that weekend so we were transferred to Tanner. He told me there was nothing I could do just rest and come in on Monday. When I went in My they sent me to Tanner for an exam afterwards he met with my mom and me in his office..with little comfort or explanation he told me it was too late..Told my Mom "Sorry Grandma not this time"..then proceeded to show her photos of his grandchildren. What a jerk! I was so mad I was speechless and because of him and the off chance he might be on call for my delivery I refuse to return to Rapides Women's and Children. Their offices are so busy your just a number anyway... :(

flag | Submitted April 21, 2012

Dr. Martin B. Tanner's Credentials

• Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans (Grad. 1972)

GHI