Ratings for Dr. J. Pavlin

I am very surprised by these postive reviews, she has to be one of her worst doctors I have ever had. I highly do not recommend and would agree with the other poster that she needs to retire. My main complaint is she minimizes your concerns and even at her request when you come for a follow up appointment she has no idea why your there. She makes a lot of comments that put words in your mouth like "you want surgery, you are not in pain" before you could even talk or have said anything remotely to that fact. Even if you correct her on her statements, she quickly changes her tune and goes on a rant about how she doesn't have a crystal ball and cannot tell you what to do. She doesn't let you explain or answer questions either, she is half way out the door while you are talking . She goes too quick without explaining next steps so you leave clueless on what to do next. The craziest comment was she told me that she gets carpel tunnel after a long day of surgery. Ummm what? That can't be good. What a bad experience. I won't be going back to her!

flag | Submitted February 22, 2017

Dr Pavlin helped me with one cortisone injection in the base of my right thumb to correct trigger thumb last year....worked like a charm...thank you so much and also thanks to Norma, her lovely sweet nurse!

flag | Submitted January 3, 2017

Had a small cyst on my scalp that I wanted removed the dermatologist up the street where I live didn't want to do it and recommended her. Nice job stitches were out in a week with no issues. Nice doctor and knowledgeable

flag | Submitted March 5, 2016

Dr. J. Pavlin is absolutely great! I had carpal tunnel surgery on my left hand, and recovery is going very well. I am looking forward to undergo the same surgery on the right hand. Dr. Pavlin is very sympathetic and warm person, she made all my worries go away. Doctor and also her secretary Norma are very punctual and professional.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2016

Dr. Pavlin did a modified Mohs procedure for basal cell carcinoma a few years ago. Nice job!

flag | Submitted October 15, 2015

J'ai eu un chirurgie pour tunnel carpien le 29 mai 2015 pour ma deuxième main et tout a bien été. Dr.Pavlin est très sympathique et compétente. Fait des farces pendant la chirurgie et s'assure que je vais bien. Celà fais 4 ans pour la première main et c'est un succès. Je peux dire aussi que le staff est vraiment sympathique. Je n’hésiterai pas d'aller la revoir.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2015

Dr Pavlin has been absolutely amazing! Always punctual including my visits at Lakeshore which is unheard of. Had surgery done twice within a month of my visit. She even called me directly to advise my first surgery hadn't been completely successful. We are very lucky to have her!

flag | Submitted January 8, 2015

I will have to agree with the last comment and say it is time for Dr. Pavlin to retire. After seeing her for a Dupuytren contracture, she couldn't seem to care less and kept minimizing my handicap. Even worse, the second time I saw her (at her request) 8 months after my first appointment, she had no clue what I was there for and recommended against surgery, which was completely the opposite of what she said the first time. It feels like she is very disorganized, uninterested and unfocused on her work.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2014

I see these ratings are old. My opinion, time for her to retire. She refused to take an xray when my cast came off. After 4 months of recuperating I find out from 2 other plastic surgeons that I need surgery. Really not impressed, however I SHOULD have insisted on the xray.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2013

SHE SIMPLY SAVE MY LIFE TEN YEARS AGO...I HAD TO SEE HER AGAIN, AND SHE STILL THE BEST OF THE BEST FOR ME. THANKS

flag | Submitted August 22, 2011