Ratings for Dr. Daniella Courban

A doctor with this little empathy for her patients should not practice medicine, or at least not be an OB/GYN. I was so surprised at her attitude in the physicians office that I asked my husband to come. His opinion was the same: let's find a new doctor.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2016

We could not believe that such a poor OBGYN could exist. We had severe complications with our pregnancy. During an office visit after those complications arose, she was aloof and impatient, and wearing a t-shirt. When those complications continued, she left one message on our voicemail during weeks of hospital treatment . During a postpartum visit, she (our supposed primary physician) asked us what happened and was quite cold. It seemed she wanted nothing to do with us. Her care, in a word, was: terrible.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2015

I, too am sorry to see such negativity from these reviews as I did not have one negative thing to say about her. She was caring and always took plenty of time to listen and address concerns I had when I was pregnant. It is the job of your obstetrician to ensure that you are aware of ANY potential health issues that factor in to the health of you and your unborn child. She is also there to help support you to overcome these issues. Weight (whether over or under) is a serious concern that doctors should have when it comes to prenatal care and if she didn't address it, then that is what I would consider negligence. Dr. Courban is thoughtful and brought a calm energy to each visit I had with her. I loved seeing her and would definitely consider myself lucky to have had her as my doctor.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2015

She is amazing. Very caring. The negative people on suShe never rushes is kind and vy oughtful. I moved from the área to ser her. Shes down yo earth.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2014

I loved Dr. Courban. I'm shocked by the negative reviews. I think people are way overly sensitive. I'm overweight, ok I'm really overweight and she never made me feel anything but cared for. She asked me if I wanted a nutritionist too. Guess what? It's her job! When I told her what I was doing for myself she said that was great, but she was there with help if I needed it. For the first time the OBGYN wasn't a horrible experience. She's compassionate, knowledgable, and has always given me time and attention. This is sensitive stuff and you need someone you can trust and talk to like a real person and she is that! Sadly she left the office where I used to see her. Perhaps the Somerville office is not as good. But I will miss her!

flag | Submitted October 2, 2013

I"m surprised by all of the negative comments too! I LOVE Dr Courban!!! Daniella, right??? I had to go back & make sure it was the same doctor! She delivered my second baby & held my hands as they were giving me a spinal for my c-section when I got scared. I find her very nurturing & supportive. I've never felt rushed out of her office. I'm definitely no twig!!! She has showed me where I am on the BMI chart compared to where the chart says I should be.... But she has also told me that I eat healthy foods & exercise and am "on a good & healthy track!" I felt like that was a positive way of putting it.... :)

flag | Submitted April 21, 2013

I'm not sure if people saw the same Dr. Courban that I have in the past. She has been my ob-gyn dr since 2006. I find her to be very kind and am happy having her as my dr. I'm also overweight and non-caucasian, and she has never once suggested I see a nutritionist or been short with me. It's strange that all the reviews of her are negative on this site...

flag | Submitted May 21, 2012

Dr. Courban is impatient, condescending, does not listen to your concerns and is very short (rushes through the appointment). She also informed me multiple times that I was slightly overweight even though I was completely aware of it and told her I was exercising and making changes with my lifestyle. Dr. Courban also suggested a nutritionist to me, which I declined. To be honest, she should practice what she preaches, if you know what I mean. I don't think I will go back to see her next year for my annual. She turned me off so badly this time...I wonder, do all her patients receive this kind of horrible treatment? I think she needs to be more sensitive with her patients' concerns and to show even an ounce of compassion and care especially in the healthcare industry. I'm not surprised at all that she has received these poor reviews. Is she even aware that she treats patients so poorly?

flag | Submitted July 25, 2011

When I questioned her about getting a second opinion, she immediately became defensive. And she assumed her patients fit into her narrow view of human behavior, refusing to listen to any of my opinions. She was rude & condescending and I will never go back to her.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2011

Dr. Courban seems to be stuck on weight. I'm about 15 lbs overweight for my height by average standards, but I'm not Caucasian - so I have some curves. I walk 30 mins about 4-5 days a week to stay active. Overall, I'm comfortable with my weight, because I do have a healthy diet and I exercise. Although I explained this to Dr. Courban, she STILL asked me if I wanted to see a NUTRITIONIST because of my weight. Seriously!?!?! Has anyone else had this problem with her??

flag | Submitted December 10, 2010

Dr. Daniella Courban's Credentials

• Yale University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1997)