Ratings for Dr. David B. Elmer

I would recommend Dr. Elmer ! I was pregnant with my first child and friend of mine recommended he is the best on the Cape. And yes she was right. He is always very kind and answers all my questions and concerns I have . The staff at his practice is great. They are so nice and even they know me by name when I walk in :) P.S. I can not believe the negative comments here ! Are they from real moms or what ?!?

flag | Submitted October 1, 2014

I cannot believe some of the negative comments I am reading here. Dr. Elmer is one of the nicest, kindest, brightest, most skilled OB/GYN doctors on the Cape, if not in the Boston area. We are so fortunate to have him! He has a wonderful bedside manner. He answers questions tirelessly and is truly interested in his patients. He worked with me during my pregnancy and respected all of my wishes. My husband and I agree that he was a shining star in my delivery process. At first I was afraid to see a male doctor, but I found him to be more sensitive and caring than most of the females I have seen in my lifetime. As an older first-time mother, he allayed my fears. I trust Dr. Elmer completely! He's a tremendous doctor.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2014

Staff is terrible and rude. Do not trust them. I have heard some pretty awful stories about invasion of privacy in that office. He is lucky HIPPA has not violated his office yet.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2013

Long story short.. Was in labor. I was told by doctor and staff. oh your fine you will be induced tomorrow. No.... I went to hospital and had my baby. Glad I listend to myself and not the Doctor. Also had to have PT after the baby was born. Should of had A C-section.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2011

The office Staff is horrible and rude. I was in labor and The doctor and nurse told me to go home instead of the hospital because i wasent acting like I was in a soap opera. I dislocated my pelvic bone and my experience with them wasent great.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2011

I am currently having my second baby with this practice, and I am very happy with all staff. They answer all my questions (which I am extremely inquisitive! and ask lots of hard questions). I have had a couple of emergency's and they have all been handled with sensitivity. They remember me and my past including what my husband does and kids names. Nice personal touch! He has not delivered me, but all the doctors that cover for him in hospital are all just as fantastic. The only thing I wish was different is their answering system. But it is a small annoyance for such great care.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2011

Sent me home while I was having contractions, claiming I wouldn't deliver for at least another month. My baby ended up being born just a few hours later. Had I listened to him, my baby would have been born at home - or worse.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2011

If only every doctor could be like Dr. Elmer! The staff at his office is also incredible. I can't give enough praise about this doctor and his staff. I highly, highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted December 27, 2010

Dr. David B. Elmer's Credentials

• Tufts University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1984)

Top Hospitals in Hyannis, MA