Ratings for Dr. Lydia K. Lee

Dr. Lee is the best OBGYN I have ever had! I had two miscarriages prior to being under her care and therefore, was "high risk" pregnancy with my first and second child, in addition to having thyroid issues. Dr. Lee has a way of making you feel at ease and her nurse Flora is equally calming and helpful. Dr. Lee is a parent herself with young children so she can understand, relate, and be empathetic with her patients. Expect to not be seen for at least 1 hour after you check-in for your appointment. But, this was never a problem for me because Dr. Lee is worth waiting for. Once, you get to see her, she relays takes her time, answers all your questions/concerns, goes over everything with you. In my experience, no other doctor takes this much time with patients. My two boys were born healthy and exactly one day before due date. I truly am so thankful for Dr. Lee and her team, they are amazing and I can't recommend them more.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2017

Dr Lee was my assigned high risk Ob when I was admitted into UCLA in preterm labor. She was an absolute blessing; she kept our son safe while also respecting our wishes for a natural birth process. I was in labor for 6 days and she really advocated for us with the resident doctors even when she wasn't there - a true gift when it came to dealing with inexperienced, yet eager residents in a sensitive situation! I will also add that she had great bedside manner; made us laugh even in the stressful situation. I wish there were more dr's like her!

flag | Submitted August 5, 2015

I'll give you the fact that you sit in the waiting room sometimes well over an hour thinking "forget this! I am goinghome" and then all grumpy you go In to see an upbeat straight forward asian. A typical Dr. Will do a 10-15 turn and burn and send you on your way. Dr. Lee is well informed, knows the latest pregnancy trends and 45 minutes into your visit you realize "wow, this Dr. Is exactly what we want". Here is a woman with two young twins of her own and a husband and still is on call 24 hours a day. This was proven when she showed up at 9:00 on a holiday weekend and stayed over an hour taking care of my wife. So to the people out there who complain about waiting... somethings are worth waiting for and Dr. Lee is just that Dr. That if you have the chance be the ob/gyn in your life.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2014

Love love love her. I had so many complications with my entire pregnancy. She always spent extra time explaining everything and provided the very best medical care. Because of her I delivered a healthy full term baby. Many Doctors would have blown off my symptoms, but she always took them seriously and because of her dedicated care we were able to stop my preterm labor. Her wait times are insane. I know it is because she spends so much time with every patient, fits everyone in who is worried, and does not leave until she makes sure you are comfortable with your plan of treatment. If you are having complications in your pregnancy that is what you want, so to me the wait was worth it.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2012

Waited well over an hour to see Lydia Lee. She blew through my lunch and I was told I couldn't empty my bladder until after the appointment... Leaving a pregnant woman hungry and needing to pee is a sure fire way to piss her off. Lee knew I was displeased and barely talked to me throughout my appointment, which was the supposedly so-important 'first trimester screening'. She lamely apologized but then blamed the other patients in front of me. The front desk staff, nurses and waiting patients all agreed this is her standard operating procedure. There are many other docs and midwives out there who can be professional and considerate. I'm not wasting my time with Lee.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2011