Ratings for Dr. Andrew T. Goldstein

Dr Goldstein was a lifesaver. I am very disappointed by some of these negative reviews. No my boyfriend was not in the room with me when I was initially examined and it went over awesomely. he quickly diagnosed me and calmly explained my options. I had already done my research so I had an idea what he would say. I look back at all the former doctors who abused me emotionally and physically and even told me that my anxiety caused my pain and I was lying when I said I wasn't getting better. Dr G performed a miracle surgery on me and I consider myself cured. Before physical intimacy was impossible and I would hurt for days after any attempt. Now my husband is able to put me in any position we want. I was able to have pain free only 2-3 months after surgery, and have just gotten better and better over time. I already feel pretty pain free which he didn't even promise. He is the best. I will always be so grateful for him. I had my surgery in May of 2015 after a long drive from Atlanta and it was not an easy process but so worth it. My only complaint was that I wasn't encouraged to go to New York where I could have gotten the surgery for 5 K less. Oh well- it was still worth every penny. I love Dr Goldstein!!

flag | Submitted February 23, 2017

Amazing physician! I had a wonderful experience and I went by myself. No chaperone needed. I am 100% satisfied with my surgery. My quality of life has improved considerably since then.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2016

Uggh... Crazy expensive, smart but almost abusive -- arrogant and doesn't listen. Also, waited forever to see him. Why does anyone go to him when there are other alternative specialists????

flag | Submitted December 14, 2016

He is the BEST! I thank God I found him. Dr. Goldstein is an expertise in his field. He is a wonderful doctor and a compassionate person.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2015

Don't get into a set of stirrups for him unless your husband is in the exam room. Remember his office nurse who may be in the room is on his payroll and is there is protect HIM. He slapped, prodded and snickered at me with my legs spread to him. Worst experience of my life. Hard to believe a woman would be treated as I was in this day and age. And yes, this office nurse was in the room watching and did nothing to protect ME the patient

flag | Submitted February 15, 2015

He was the only doctor to be able to diagnose me after going through several GPs, three gynecologists and a urologist. I was told the pain was "all in my head", that I would have to just deal with living with pain, and that I would never be able to have sexual intercourse again. I thought that I would be celibate the rest of my life by the time I saw him. He immediately diagnosed my problem and gave me a thorough follow up plan. None of it involved anything drastic like surgery. I left feeling so relieved that I FINALLY had a diagnosis after two years of useless doctors unable to diagnose me. It has been a year and a half since I saw him and followed his plan and I've been able to have painless sexual intercourse for the past eight months without ANY pain. He gave me my life back. His receptionist/nurse in Washington D.C. is also very sweet and always replied promptly to my emails and phone calls. Minor cons: His bedside manner is not great, and he's not too patient about answering questions. He is definitely confident about his diagnosis which is good but if you try to ask too many questions, he gets impatient. Also, I wasn't super happy that his nurse promised that he would spend 3 hours with me but he only really spent an hour total.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2015

Dr. Goldstien seems like a good guy and he helped my wife but the old woman who works for him is a racist. We were in a couple months ago and when the younger girl got off the phone, the older one started ranting at her talking about jungle bunnies! My wife and I aren't ever going back there

flag | Submitted September 20, 2014

Dr. Goldstein may be bright, but his personality gets in the way of his effectiveness. I vote with other women who say that you'll have better luck if you bring your husband, because he'll take you more seriously.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2014

After twelve different doctors and 3 TERRIBLE years, I finally found Dr. Goldstein. Was he a bit cocky, sure. Did he know his stuff? YES!!!!!!! I am finally better. His understanding of the different causes of vulvodynia is so much greater than the other doctors I went to and I went to Hopkins, Mayo, Cornell. I went to him for surgery because he has the reputation of being the best at vestibulectomy but he examined me and said I did not need it. He gave me two compounds and it was not completely smooth sailing but at the end I am COMPLETELY better. What I don't understand in some of these negative comments is that they say he is not responsive to questions or calls. He always called me back- sometimes it took a few days- but he always called and sometimes even tried three times (my phone died and her left 3 different voicemails). You can always call him on his cell. If you don't believe me call his office and listen to the voicemail and it gives out his number. Thank God for Dr. G

flag | Submitted March 23, 2013

I must say Dr. Goldstein was the best doctor. He makes you feel comfortable and no other gyn was able to diagnose me correctly. Yes he charges 1410 for the new patient but he is WORTH every penny of it because he diagnoses you and does everything to find out why something is happening. I am happy with the results and he is great! yes expensive but worth it if your not getting diagnosed correctly by others.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2012