Ratings for Dr. Paul S. Dunn

I honestly wish I could leave NO stars for this place. I used to admire Dr. Dunn. He was the doctor who delivered me, he has been the family doctor for years and years. I recently went in to get my Nexplanon taken out, and I started having symptoms after that like my bodies hormones were trying to get back to normal. I started bleeding, cramping, and just felt horrible. I had a concert to go to in BOSTON (which is an hour away), and I had insurance for tickets. I contacted the office to get a doctors note and signature, but come to find out, Dr. Dunn would not help me at all. He would not sign my papers, and I had to lose my money. My mother even spoke to the nurse Don, to try to explain how sick I was and my mother did NOT want me driving to Boston and back home, only to be insulted by the nurse. She kept repeating herself like all she wanted to do was hang up, what a witch! Most awful office now, what happened? He used to be so understanding and nice, but now he refuses to help. So if you are looking for a doctor who is sincere and has nice office nurses and staff, do NOT go here. He is not the same doctor that has been in my family for all their lives. Both myself and my mother are done with that office. What a shame.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2017

On my third pregnancy with Dr. Dunn and I am so glad to have had him through each one of my pregnancies. I trust him as a doctor and like him as a person.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2014

I am very happy with Dr. Dunn. He remembers me even though he is so busy. He listens to me. I think his efficiency is mistaken for rushing. He is caring and sympathetic.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2014

I went to appt w/dr. Dunn today, which I was scared about as I didn't know what expect for iud removal. At first he seemed decent and showed me the iud and explained how it works. I started to feel more comfortable until the procedure started. The his demeanor changed quickly. I did what he said and I started to feel a lot of pressure and some pain. I started to shed few tears and he said "I can stop if this hurts" I said no because it hss to be done. After iud exchange wad done he rushed and just wanted me out of there. I asked few questions and he answered them quickly then left. He is more about business and not sensitive to the patients. Its not easy having a new doctor poke, pry, and force things open so obviously there is going to be discomfort involved. He was making me feel like I was a waste if time. I will not being going back to him for anything. The way he acted during procedure makes it gard to believe he's in this specialty in the first place.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2013

I had a very long labor, and Dr. Dunn was there for the first 20 hours or so. I unfortunately had a bad experience with him. I was denied my epidural until after being in the hospital almost 12 hours, and I only got it after 4 spinals that kept wearing off and finally getting upset and asking to speak to the chief anesthesiologist requesting they review my chart. I think this may have been a unique case but also I don't think he understands the amount of pain that is involved in labor. I will be induced next time to have my regular doctor, if necessary.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2011

Dr. Dunn is the BEST. Gave me great care for 2 pregnancies, and post partum care. Yes he is rushed,and that's because he's one of the few doctors out there who won't cancel their patients if they're running late. Did I forget to mention that Ob/Gyn are most likely on double duty as well (clinical and on call). Thank You Dr. Dunn!! His staff is awesome too.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2010

Very disappointed with the last 2 yearly visits I had with Dr. Dunn. Felt very rushed, and felt asking questions was really taking up his time. He was halfway out the door when answering my question. Sad to say, after many years I will be transferring to another physician who can take the time with me.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2010

Unfortunately I had a bad experience with Dr. Dunn. I only had my 6 week follow-up (after delivering my son) with him and he seemed very rushed, did not answer my questions, argued with me about what I remembered during my labor and delivery (I was there, he wasn't!), and seem annoyed that I brought my son to the appointment even though when I called to schedule it the receptionist told me to bring my baby because "they loved to meet the babies." By the end of the appointment I was angry and basically felt like the appointment was a waste of my time. I certainly won't be going back to see him again.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2009

Dr. Dunn is the best, I wouldn't switch for the world. He was wonderful during my first pregnancy, answered all my questions. He didn't deliver the baby, because he wasn't on call, however he was consulted many times during the late hours about decision making. Wonderful physician and a wonderful person, it's rare to find a doctor like him these days. I hope he never retires :-)

flag | Submitted March 5, 2009

excellent service, very attentive, takes the time to explain any issues/concerns

flag | Submitted October 23, 2008

Dr. Paul S. Dunn's Credentials

• Univ Of Ma Med Sch, Worcester Ma 01655 (Grad. 1982)

• BCBS Illinois