Ratings for Dr. Robert E. Bristow

He came highly recommended by my gynecologist. I went to an office at Long Beach Memorial and never saw him. There was a large group of residents sitting in the front desk yelling, laughing, joking around, making comments about patients. I was shocked and mortified. I was sent to a room to undress and then after my vitals were taken by the assistant I was told that it was going to be done again by each resident. I am always self-conscious to begin with and the thought of being examined and weighed by 6 residents in turn was sickening so I refused which angered the residents. I should add that this was not free medical care. I pay $1086. Per month for my own insurance plus co-pays and deductibles so I expect top notch care. We're the care free I would have accepted being treated like a zoo animal. I waited uncomfortably for another hour for the doctor to show up which he couldn't be bothered to do. I finally got dressed and walked out making the office staff very angry. I have to say on my 54 years of dealing with hundreds of doctors that was hands down my worst experience. I never saw or met him and never got an explanation or apology.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2017

Dr. Bristow coordinated my care, actively arranged preventive screening, and closely review the points of interest in the screening results. He is very responsible for providing care and personable during my visits with him. I'm forever grateful for the care I have received from Dr. Bristow.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2014

I have never had any problems with Dr Bristow. He is always friendly, chats with you. When I was diagnosted with cancer he took the time to explain all details and options. My surgery was a success, I have been cancer free for 4 1/2 years

flag | Submitted November 17, 2009

Dr. Bristow made me feel like I didn't know what was going on, didn't want to cooperate with my PCP and was rushed during our time. I elected to find a new physician as I needed more individualized and coordinated care.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2009

I went to see Dr. Bristow because as a breast cancer survivor I was concerned about ovarian cancer. I found him to be not at all personable. I also waited hours and no one apologized about the wait. He seemed to not care about me, and I felt as if he talked down to me. I have many doctors baecuae of my illness and I love every one of them. I left Dr. Bristow's office after 2 visits and never went back. I love my new Doctor!

Submitted March 12, 2009

Dr. Robert E. Bristow's Credentials

• Univ Of Southern Ca Sch Of Med, Los Angeles Ca 90033 (Grad. 1991)