Ratings for Dr. Marilyn La Fave

I have been a patient of Dr. Lafave's for many years. She is a great doctor and person. I went through some troubling times as well as health issues, she referred me to the right specialist who confirmed her diagnosis and listened to my problems and made helpful recommendations. She is a great doctor and person, I love her for everything that she has done for me, we should acknowledge great doctors like her because there are very few left who are great like her. Thanks Dr. La Fave for everything, personal and medical wise. J

flag | Submitted July 3, 2012

I have been a patient since 1983, 17 years ago I moved to Cambridge and I still travel to see her, as do my children. She has absolutely had some very difficult receptionists, rude and miserable, things are better now. I have never felt rushed, she knows I travel a long way and she spends whatever time she needs to with me. She has even called me at home in the evenings if something important comes up. I don't know what I am going to do when she retires. She is the best doctor I have been to.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2012

For over 20 years I have been a patient of Dr. LaFave's (despite moving away 12 years ago)I make the long drive to see her, because she is a great doctor. However she is impossible to reach! It has gotten worse lately, culminating when her office called me 2 weeks ago & left a message to follow up on tests. I have tried every day for the past 2 weeks to reach her office and only get a machine that says, "please hold" (I hold and then get cut off) or, "we are open, please hang up and try your call again". Two weeks of calling every day, being on hold, and cut off. But today set a new record when I was on hold for over FORTY minutes before being cut off. I still can't reach her, and the worst part is, I can't even write a letter requesting an appt. because there is a mail strike. I am very frustrated. Not being able to even REACH my doctor scares me. What if it was something serious? Dr. LaFave needs to make it a priority for her patients to get through when they call!

flag | Submitted June 16, 2011

Worst and rude doctor! Her staff is rude, location isn't accesible and can get lost. Dr Lavafe is a bloody ****!

flag | Submitted February 21, 2011

Dr. LaFave has been my GP since 1995. She has always been there to assist me with my conditions. She is very cautious and refers you to specialists when needed. My only complaint is the waiting period on the phone when attempting to make an appt but I do understand that they do have alot of patients with only 1 reception. As long as Dr. LaFave takes care of my health issues, that's all I care about.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2010

Dr. Lafave has been my doctor for over 30 years. She has also been doctor to my 3 children. In my opinion, there is no one better. In these days of medical care mayhem, she is a godsend. Practical, efficient, thorough, and caring. We will all be much worse off if/when she retires. As with others, I'd rather wait for quality care rather than get prompt attention from incompetent providers. A sad statement for our health care system and government which should take a look at Dr. Lafave as a model of care to be valued and promoted. For my 30 years of care and future care, I can only thank Dr. Lafave with all my heart.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2010

Dr Lafave has been my doctor for over 25 years she is fantastic and I dread the day she retires. I commute from Georgetown to see her and even though there is a wait it is always worthwhile as she is always spot on with her diagnosis.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2010

Dr Lafave has been my dr for 20 years now. I have nothing but the best things to say about her as a physician and person. She has not only taken the time to care for myself and my children, but has also saved my mother's life from Lung cancer. I have recommended several people to her (back when she was accepting new patients) and everyone has nothing but good things to say about her. Yes, I agree that the wait time can be a little much at times, but that's the price to you have to pay for having a good dr. I would rather wait the extra few min than having a dr who simply didn't care about her patients period! Keep up the good work Dr Lafave....you are a perfect example of the kind of physicians we need in Ontario!

flag | Submitted November 12, 2009

Dr. Lafave was my physician for many years, and I brought my mom to her. Several years ago I stopped going to her because she had the nastiest, most difficult to get along with person behind her reception desk that I've ever met. She would deliberately make me wait over an hour every time I went, even taking people whose appointments were long after mine before she would let me see the doctor. The first time I went to the doctor after this woman started I was pressed for time and the waiting room was full. I asked her if I could come another day but she didn't want me to, and assured me I would be out in an hour's time. I wasn't, and in the end I had to leave to pick up a child from school. This woman never forgot that and took every opportunity to make me late in future. I've since found a first-class doctor with great staff. I have a concern about the amount of medications she prescribes to my mother, as does my mother's pharmacist. Perhaps elderly people should consider another dr.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2009

Dr. LaFave has been my doctor for at least 25 years during which I have received excellent care. She has referred me to specialists on many occasions and each time, her diagnosis is bang on. She is current in all areas and is never unable to authoritatively respond to any medical question I have posed. She is head and shoulders above any of my friends' doctors, based on the comments I hear from them. I only wish the wait time was as it used to be years ago, but I know she is on the go all day long. I dread the day when she has had enough and retires.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2009