Ratings for Dr. Steven Edward Robbins

I agree with the patients that like the fact that he takes the time to understand people. No one is obliged to take medicine. No one is obliged to take blood tests. If you don’t like his style, go somewhere else but don’t run down the man’s reputation because of your own preferences.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2018

I went to him complaining of stomach cramps and weight loss. He simply told me that I "needed to eat more vegetables". The pain only increased and after seeing a Gastroenterologist, I was diagnosed with Crohn's. Dr. Steven's recommendation was exactly the opposite of what I should have done!

flag | Submitted February 15, 2018

Pill pusher, he is a brut with no bed side manner...Very awful experience please beware he is very dismissive and condescending. He is completely uninterested in our concerns. Receptionist is always lost never has correct paper work for dr we are extremely disappointed.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2017

Continues to be a pill pusher. Suggests antidepressants to every person he sees. He even told me that if I took them they would make me slightly better thN everybody else. When I didn't take them he felt insulted and called me "stupid" by saying that he wished I would use my intellect a little more. He also told me I would be a bad example to my children for not taking them because should my kids need antidepressants they might not take them because I didn't. I'm not opposed to mess but I believe in looking at all options. He does not.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2017

I was a patient of Dr Robbins several years ago when I lived in Montreal. I have since moved. Positive: I found him to be knowledgable, and thorough in his testing of those in his care. This can include long discussions about the patient, which has positive and negative aspects. Much useful information is gleaned through discussions with patients. Negative: The biggest negative is that he converses too much with his patients which leads to him being chronically behind schedule. My 'new' family doctor is unbelievably prompt. She's a little less thorough, but I appreciate the ability to arrive at the scheduled appointment time and to be seen at precisely that time.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2016

After reading the comments sent by so many patients to which I agree completely, my husband a more than 20 year patient of Steven Edward Robbins, was sent to the emergency by SER where he had to have two heart valves replaced and SER had not seen it coming despite the regular visits and lab tests performed. THE QUESTION IS : Why isn't he reported to the College of Medicine. Just a call will do.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2016

The receptionnist Ann can be quite harsh and short temper but shes good at her job. The nurse is his best asset. The young guy really took time to answer my question and is verrrry good with the needles. Completly painless. Then Dr. Robbins was 2 hours late. The nurse told him gently to "speed things up". I love a nurse who can stand the MD. The Doctor then saw me and explained to me his researches (which I do not care about). He helped but can be quick-draw about the antidepressant. He told me that "anyone" can use them. Which I disagree. He is wise, but not really up-to-date about some stuff. And when I asked questions he actually asked the nurse guy!!! He was a reallllllly good DR with nice values but it's time for him to retire.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2016

Surprised me with a Prozac prescription, when all I was asking for was some sleeping pills. Talks way too much about personal items, but he WILL make the time to see you when you are sick, which is more than can be said for most Dr's who will make sure the Secretary gives you an appointment far enough out that your illness will either have cured itself, or you are dead.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2015

I went to him for menopause and chest pains, he dismissed the menopause portion of the appointment, told me the pains were most likely acid reflux for which he did no tests and prescribed antacids. He told me that to solve this issue I should eat ham in the morning regardless of the fact that I told him numerous times that I am vegetarian. He dismissed the breathing tests that my gastro-enterologist did at the hospital and basically sent me on my way with the antacids. He is a quack ! I went to see my gastro-enterologist for my tests results a few weeks later to get my results and when I mentioned the chest pains, he sent me to a cardiologist right away, that is what a real doctor should do. Dr. Robbins (I use doctor loosely) is a quack !

Submitted August 29, 2014

Dr. Robbins completely dismissed my serious life-threatening symptoms, emphatic that I had diverticulitis (even though I had no symptoms); apparently this is his latest 'scientific research paper' theme. Went to hospital a few days later and spent way too much time trying to explain how my doctor had incorrectly diagnosed me with diverticulitis; the meds he prescribed also confused my vital signs. Fortunately, my persistence paid off and I was treated for a life-threatening infection that, had I waited, would have been my demise. The only positive thing about his practise is his staff; he should not be practising medicine any longer. He won't be getting my "cash" payments any longer.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2013