Ratings for Dr. Senait Fisseha

Dr. Fisseha is indeed knowledgeable but unfortunately expects all her patients to go through the exact same set of procedures regardless of their underlying diagnosis. This isn't immediately clear if this is your first time through the infertility juggernaut. I ended up wasting several months of time because of this, and more importantly only later found out that I was given drugs with close to 0% chance of success due to my underlying diagnosis and not given others that I should have been simply because "that's the process we do!" She was also incredibly rude when I expressed concern about some serious side effects I was experiencing from medication and actually laughed in my face and dismissed my concerns as being "a type A personality." I had to follow up with a specialist for several months due to these supposedly imagined and inconsequential symptoms. Regarding the office: the front desk staff were also incredibly inconsiderate (talking very loudly about new grandchildren right in front of a woman who had just found out her IVF cycle was unsuccessful). Nurses did blood draws in a common area where patients risked getting hit by other patients coming through the door, and in a way that was certainly not HIPPA compliant. I also had to ask the ultrasound tech to wash her hands almost every single time I saw her, because otherwise she would not do so prior to doing a TV ultrasound.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2015

Part-timer with a one size fits all approach. She only works in the clinic 2 times a week, and it took 3 months to get our results. Couldn't remember who we were or what our issues were from one appointment to the next. Most painful IuI I've ever had and disorganised, poorly explained IVF. No sense of individualising protocols for specific patients. Terrible RE. Upside - nurses and desk staff were nice.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2014

Dr. Fisseha is the medical director of the fertility clinic at the University of Michigan. She is amazing. She is also the third doctor we saw for fertility issues...and she is by far the best. We had no issues with punctuality; she always had enough time to answer our questions and we never felt rushed (even though we had a ton of questions); she gave us hugs when we needed it; her staff is very nice and the nurses are very knowledgable (which is almost more important than the doctor sometimes.) The other nice thing is that all the doctors get together once a week and go over the IVF patients. That made us feel better, like getting a second opinion. Even the male doctors at this place are very nice, so you really can't go wrong. Note that she only works Tuesday and Thursday, so you may have to plan ahead. Also it is a teaching hospital, so you may have a student in the room. No big deal. We were successful in getting pregnant...and that is the ultimate judge of a good doctor.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2011

I see Dr. Fisseha for my PCOS (a syndrome she is specialized in), and she has been helpful and knowledgeable. She listens to what I have to say--really listens. I couldn't recommend her more! The clinic runs behind--all of the REs do--so I know going in that I will be waiting. And I'm OK with that because Dr. Fisseha is worth it.

flag | Submitted December 24, 2008

flag | Submitted August 22, 2008

Dr. Senait Fisseha's Credentials

• Southern Il Univ Sch Of Med, Springfield Il 62794 (Grad. 1999)