Ratings for Dr. Khristian Szczesny

Well I had a colonoscopy with Dr. Szczesny yesterday (Sept. 8, 2015). It`s been my 4th time. I never had this much pain in my life; I thought I was dying, the pain was so strong I couldn`t stand it. I was screaming and crying; the nurses had to hold me. It was the most terrifying thing in my life; I had 2 kids and never did I ever had this much pain. I rather be in labor than go through a colonoscopy again. Do you think I ever want to go for a colonoscopy again in which I have to go every 3 years. NOT. .. I am now traumatized by it. My friends and family who have under gone the same thing, was either asleep or on strong sedative which they do not remember the procedure. Why did he put me through this. He never even stopped or gave me a sedative to put me to sleep. He just kept on going. Why ????

flag | Submitted September 9, 2015

He shouldn't be practicing. This was my second colonoscopy so I thought I knew what to expect. This was the first with him. Turned out to be a terrible experience. Terrible bedside manner. unkind, and uncommunicative. Don't understand why the medical board allows someone like him to be practicing. Glad I won't have to visit him again.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2013

Dr. Szczesny can be difficult to understand language-wise. Doesn't seem to know as much about ulcerative colitis as he probably should.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2013

i can't lay on my back and this docter was forceing me onto my back and i woulden't and then he looked at me and said if u don't get on ur back u will die those were his words not kidding. i had a gastric ulcer at thar time

flag | Submitted April 23, 2012

Very poor bedsaide manner...unhelpful.....i find him to be rude,he dosen't smile and he is not very sensitive

flag | Submitted August 9, 2010

Very Impatient..Nasty with attitude...I will never visit again...

flag | Submitted May 27, 2010

I am not surprised that there are not too many bad things about him in here. The likely reason is that the ones that would have complained are now dead due to his incompetence. He once had me strip naked to check my abdomen???? He is creepy and has a poor bedside manner. The fact that he's morbidly obese is a bad sign because he can't even take care of himself. Before I realized he was incompetent, I had tried NSAIDs at his request for ibd and had a horrible reaction to sulfa meds and he prescribed another med which was also a sulfa med and surprise surprise, I reacted once again. I wouldn't have been too alarmed had he not promised to not give me any more sulfa meds. Shouldn't be practicing in Canada...on people anyway.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2010

He has a very poor beside manner and is very unwilling to answer any questions about his treatment or decisions. He is very uncaring as well. Unfortunately in Amherst it is very difficult to get a second opinion and he isn’t very willing to send you elsewhere for one.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2008

He made a proper diagnosis quickly but was very poor at suggesting treatments. His first option was surgery before any form of medical interventions were even tried, this was after only a couple of weeks of sickness. He eventually agreed to try several drug treatments after much insistance on my part. Over-all, he did help me and but it was much more trying experience then it had to be.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2008

This doctor is a gentlman. He does not mince words so if you're looking for abest friend chatty relationship he is not going to make you happy. If you want to know what is wrong with you in a professional manner go see him. He is one of the best physicians that they have in Amherst. Very very good.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2008