Ratings for Dr. Stephen D. Penkhus

Nicest doctor you will find I never wait more then five minutes to see him he listens spends time and makes sure all questions are answered and of course nothing more important then a knowledgable doctor with a lot of experience

flag | Submitted June 26, 2015

Dr. Penkus is a great knowledged Dr. This is my 4th child but my 1st with him being my Dr. He has been very helpful im am 32 weeks he has gave me good advice and has been very understanding. I prefer him because he has experience has answered all my questions. He has not offended me in anyway. Id have more kids let him be obgyn again.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2015

A wonderful dr! He delivered 3 generations in my family:)

flag | Submitted February 9, 2015

I have nothing but wonderful things to say about Dr. Penkhus! I ended up with a bad kidney infection with my first child and started premature labor. Dr. Penkhus was so caring, and reassuring, he made me feel like I could trust him with anything! I had two C-sections, and he did them perfectly! I still see him to this day!! Love him!

flag | Submitted December 19, 2014

There is no doubt in my mind that Dr. Penkhus saved my life, and the lives of 3 of my babies. He is extremely knowledgeable, kind, gentle, and professional.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2014

I was warned about him. He is big on weight control and will lecture you about weight. I am obese. I came ready to do battle. And he did lecture me. But you know what? He was right. He was factual and he offered me a positive possibility to change my overall health by merely losing weight. He's quiet, old fashioned (loved his bow tie) and thorough. He is very thin himself and might be a bit extreme, but he is right. Anyone offended by him must know the truth hurts, deep down. I myself prefer a bit more detached gyno. It's awkward enough without pretending we're best friends.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2013

Excellent doctor. He gave me back my life when other doctors couldn't seem to find the answer to my health issues. Saved my life. Plain and simple. Quiet man but very knowledgable and excellent surgeon. He came highly recommended and I would highly recommend him to others.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2012

I cannot believe someone would say Dr. Phenkhus is rude. You cannot find a more caring Dr. I had Ovarian Cancer and he was my surgeon. I coudnt of asked for a better Dr/Surgeon. I owe my life to him!

flag | Submitted November 16, 2011

Dr.Penkhus has met my needs with my pregnancy so far. Having a high risk pregnancy I felt he knew exactly how to keep me calm and my baby healthy. I can understand why some have said the do not like him, he is quick, quiet and old fashioned. For myself that is what worked. He knew much information on my situation and many doctors had no clue how to handle it. I actually changed to him my 14th week of pregnancy do to hi knowledge. If you are looking for a dr that is very personal then he may not be for you but this was about the life of my child. He knows his stuff.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2011

This is the worst doctor I have ever seen! He did not answer my questions. Even the pharmacist said: I hope your doctor game you mroe information about the prescription than he gave to me! (had hadn't so I was stuck calling back for more information). He mumbles when he talk. I asked: what should I do if I have more problems with this? and he didn't give me an answer. No surprise that this is the only OBGYN in Mankato who I could see within 2 weeks - every other doctor was booked but this guy wasn't! I would rather drive to another town than see this loser again!

flag | Submitted October 22, 2010

Dr. Stephen D. Penkhus's Credentials

• University Of Iowa College Of Medicine (Grad. 1970)

Workers Comp