Ratings for Dr. Jon S. Nielsen

I've had a great experience with Dr. Neilsen both times I've seen him. He gives me a hug and lets me know everything will be all right. The things I have going on are terrible and I feel better whenever I go to see him. He has a wonderful bedside manner and seems to truly care about my problems. He took as long as I needed (absolutely NO rush, 45 minutes to an hour)and made me feel as though I was the only patient he had. He took the time to answer all my questions, in addition, he basically gave me his resume to help me feel more at ease about surgery. Dr. Neilsen should be the poster boy for all doctors, he is one of the sweetest doctors I have went to. I have had so many Doctors that have such an arrogant attitudes, don't listen to you, rush you, and make you just feel like a number. We have such poor insurance these days and seem to be paying more for less. Dr. Neilsen makes me feel like I'm getting what I pay for. Thank You Dr. Neilsen.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2013

I went in to see Dr. Nielsen for pelvic prolapse. I was told I would need surgery, and was very scared. Dr. Nielsen explained everything very thoroughly, and was so kind and patient. He gave me a hug and said everything would be ok. I left his office feeling at ease and very comfortable with his recommendations.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2013

Dr. Nielsen was so kind and helpful about my issue. He seemed to genuinely care and took extra time to make suggestions and recommendations that I hadn't gotten from a previous doctor. Very knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2013

My last appointment with Dr. Nielsen was awful. He seemed arrogant,rude and got defensive when I questioned his recommendation for surgery. He did not want to answer my questions. I was his last appointment of the week and he seemed in a hurry to leave. After this experience, I found another doctor.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2011

I have had some negative and positive experiences with Dr. Nielsen. The last one was very unpleasant. I was his last patient of the day (I came in a half hour early. planning to wait in the reception area.), and he was very short with me. He was obviously in a hurry to get out of the office. I sat in my car and cried after the appontiment because he was so hostile. I would rather they reschedule the appointment than go through this. I won't go back.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2010

I agree with the other review. Terrible bedside manner. Was in a rush and didn't ask me if I had any concerns or questions- it was my first pregnancy. Comes across arrogant- I went to him once and did not go back. He is the head of all the other doctors at Oakdale OBGYN.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2010

He doesn't have the best bedside manner. He can come across as arrogant and if you question something, he can get defensive. He is an expert in Laparoscopic Supracervical Hysterectomies though.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2010

Dr. Jon S. Nielsen's Credentials

• University Of Minnesota Medical School (Grad. 1976)

Top Hospitals in Robbinsdale, MN