Ratings for Dr. Thomas M. Shultz

I am midway through my pregnancy and had to switch OBGYN's due to Dr. Shultz lack of care and concern for my unborn child and I. We wait for hours after our appointment time and then when asking how much longer we will be waiting, the office staff makes you feel like your bothering them and replies, "Did you call before you came in to see if we were running behind?" I guess I'm confused as to what an appointment time is for. My husband, numerous family members, and I have missed countless hours of work due to last minute cancellations and long waiting times from their office. You can tell they deal with this frequently because the staff is trained to say, "Doctor Shultz likes to spend a lot of time with his patients", which is bizarre to me because I am a patient and I've never seen him face to face more than 10 minutes at a time. We have also been checked in as the wrong patient and were in the process of paying on someone else's account until I kept asking questions because something did not seem quite right. I am very lucky to have had an easy pregnancy but when I had one question, due to a sprained pelvis, they took days to call me back and told me to "just deal with it, it's pregnancy". Finding out later I had a sprained pelvis and needed treatment. Also, this would have effected my delivery if gone untreated. I have never felt so uncared for. I hope no one else has to go through what we have. This should be an exciting, fun experience not a constant battle to get care and let downs. There needs to be accountability for how they treat their patients. FYI, they are diligent to get right back to you to get your payment but good luck battling the insurance company due to their infiled claims or procrastination.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2016

This doctor completely disregards mothers wishes. He does what he wants and when questioned- he gets defensive. Iiterally walked out of the office because he tried to give me an unnecessary catheter- just to get a urine sample.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2015

Dr. Shultz is the finest Gynecologist I have seen (I'm over 60 so there have been a few). He is knowledgeable, caring, considerate and treats me with respect. Dr. Shultz makes me feel very comfortable and he answers all of my questions and takes his time when talking with me. I have referred a friend who had Robotic surgery and thought he was amazing. I work at a home health agency with lots of nurses who highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2014

His staff was always helpful, and the office it's self is very nice. Dr Shultz himself does not support natural childbirth, and will not truthfully discuss options. Office visits felt rushed. I was encouraged no to question his routine and no explanations were given when I did. He told me there is "no other way" to have babies, aside from the on your back lithotomy position. When I started my desire to not have pain medication, I was told I "couldn't handle it". Turns out, I can and did.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2014

He did not take my swelling seriously and jeopardized my life as well as my babies. My son was born premature and has some complications, which I believe could have been prevented if this dr would have listened and taken me seriously.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2011

Dr. Thomas M. Shultz's Credentials

• Univ Of Mo, Columbia Sch Of Med, Columbia Mo 65212 (Grad. 1987)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal