Ratings for Dr. Kent J. Scherr

Great experience. Dr. Scherr is friendly and made me feel very comfortable. I would highly recommend Dr. Scherr.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2015

Dr. Scherr was wonderful!!!! He answered every question I had and made me feel at ease. He was also the Dr. that delivered my baby and he was awesome in the delivery room!!! I plan to continue to see him and I have referred him to my friends that are equally as happy with him. He is a GREAT Dr. that truly cares about his patients.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2012

Dr. Scherr was fantastic! I saw him through my entire pregnancy (which by the way was NOT textbook simple) and he was great every step of the way. He was very knowledgable, and compassionate to me and my family. When things did not go as planned, he was great at explaining what was happening and why. I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2010

I completely agree w/the other reviewer. Dr. Scherr is awkward. If you have anything outside of a nice little text book pregnancy you need help with you might as well forget it because he doesn't know what he is doing. As a matter of fact he gave me advice that would have given me a very high chance of a miscarriage. He told me to stop taking progesterone suppositories at 9 weeks because I told him they were giving me yeast infections! Everyone knows you can't stop taking til 12 or 13 weeks! He doesn't seem to respect his patience or have much tolerance for upset patience. When I read the review below I saw that was not only true for me but for others. The more upset I got the more he seemed annoyed. He is incredibly awkward - for example - every time I saw him (three times total) he left the office at a point I was unsure my appointment was over and never said "goodbye" or "bye" or "see ya". This is super awkward as I sit there not knowing if hes coming back or not. GO ELSEWHERE!

flag | Submitted October 21, 2010

I do not recommend De.Scherr to anyone. I went in for a regular exam my first time in Asheville and did not feel comfortable at all. His personality was too socially awkward for a doctor. Then later I had to go back for a biopsy. Being socially awkward was one thing, but I have never felt more anger from a doctor before. I ended up having a panic attack while he was doing the procedure and he was very rude. Very little bedside manner. He was annoyed at the fact I was having a panic attack. And he wouldn't calmly talk to me and tell me exactly what was going on and what needed to happen. Which of course made everything worse. But his nurses and staff were amazing I will say, and he also seemed fairly knowledgeable about his field, only lacking the personal part of being a doctor. I will not be going back to him.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2009

Excellent doctor who always makes time to listen to his patients. The office staff and nurses are kind. Dr. Scherr is a caring doctor who I would recommed to anyone.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2009

Dr. Kent J. Scherr's Credentials

• University Of North Dakota School Of Medicine (Grad. 1996)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Wells, ME