Ratings for Dr. Denise A. Helin

I adore Dr. Helin! I have been seeing her annually for about 10 years, and throughout 2 pregnancies. She has always been thoughtful, supportive and straightforward. She may be a bit brusque for some people, however I have never at all felt rushed or hurried out. She has always listened carefully to my concerns, and she was 100% behind me in my plan to have a VBAC with my second child (successfully delivered by Dr. Burwell in 2009).

flag | Submitted February 28, 2014

I have been seeing Dr.Helin for quite some time now. At times yes I did feel like she didn't know what I was going through but she was just doing what she knows she is the dr lol. I got my hysterectomy 2 weeks ago and she has been very caring and helpful through out it all!

flag | Submitted July 6, 2013

I searched for months to find a doctor to help me with severe pmdd. I found Dr. Helin approx, 30 miles from my home and went for help. I had already talked to her nurse on the phone and felt good about the care. This is a very embarrassing thing for me and I easily cry when I speak about it, no one seems to get what is happening to me. The only solutions she could offer were experimental and I told her I was uncomfortable with that, I had researched many options myself and I knew of what I spoke. The one thing she seemed most excited to try was to completely remove my reproductive organs, even though it "might help". She also wanted me to take experimental drug, Effexor. Not approved for my condition and proven to severely enhance thoughts of suicide. I left with her knowing I was not comfortable and she let me know she thought I was just "playing doctor" by researching. When I got my office records from them I found out she thought I had only traveled to try to get drugs.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2010

Dr. Denise A. Helin's Credentials

• Baylor College Of Medicine (Grad. 1993)

Healthnet