Ratings for Dr. John A. Nelson

What can I say about Dr Nelson he is a nice DR moody at times sometimes he'll take time and explain other times I'm in and out so quick I'm thinking why did I go there and never book an app at 9am he is always late and so is Crystal I never see her there on time when I have booked early wonder how I can get a job like that and then the nurse is rushing you like she has better things to do but it's hard to figure be good help today the way the government is cutting back but we as patients should not suffer

flag | Submitted June 10, 2017

Dr Nelson once told me his office is my "safe" place. I was his patient for over 15 years. He and his staff were great for many of those years but once he moved to White Oaks everything changed. One time, his receptionist Karen did not notify me of procedural changes ie they no longer fax insurance papers. This caused me a 2 week delay being paid. Karen not only didn't care, she informed me that she and other staff have worked without pay at the Bradley Medical Centre. When they changed the answering machine saying not to leave messages since they won't respond, I tried to book my next appointment during the times allotted to no avail. I left 4 voice mails saying nothing more than "1st try, 2nd try, 3rd try, 4th try" then I had to go to work. When I came home I was told his office called and they were very upset with me. Within that same week I had to visit emergency for persistent back pain. Unbelievably to me, I was told I have diabetes with a blood sugar level of 20. The emerg Dr called Nelson's office but Nelson refused to talk to him. The emerg Dr said it's highly unusual for a Dr not to take another Dr's call. Ultimately the receptionist talked to me on the emerg Dr's cell. While discussing an appointment I directly asked her "are you going to be mean to me?" She (Crystal) said "let me put it this way, he's already preparing your letter of dismissal." I was in tears. Emerg sent me to the Diabetes Clinic the next day. St Joe's has been my primary care for diabetes ever since. Soon afterwards, I received a letter from Nelson stating I chose to end this relationship. I was dismissed about a year ago. Since the beginning, Nelson had treated me for mental health issues starting with anxiety, depression and ptsd. This year, my final diagnosis is type 2 bipolar. I'm not aggressive, quite the opposite, I cry when I'm stressed. I am not a threat to anyone but myself. I really can't grasp that leaving 2 word messages on their machine made them angry enough to dismiss me. Instead of being my "safe" place, Dr Nelson and his staff have left me swinging in the breeze. To this day I do not have a physician. I'm writing this review today because I continue to have nightmares over this situation. This morning, I woke up feeling compelled to share my story. My hope is that by writing this review I will relieve myself of my terrible dreams. These people have zero regard or humanity. I truly hope "what goes around, comes around" and that Karen, Crystal and Dr Nelson will have misfortunes bestowed upon them in such a way that they'll understand the negative impact they've bestowed upon their long time, loyal patients. In the meantime, I continue to apply for a new physician.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2017

Dr Nelson can be a good dr when he is not having a mood swing and Crystal is away from her desk so much never answers the phone so you have to go by the office to make an appointment and when you do catch her she says it's not a walk in clinic I get they are busy but come on long time patients should not have a hard time getting in

flag | Submitted May 1, 2017

Dr. Nelson is very caring and helpful. He takes the time to figure out what is wrong. His receptionist is always friendly and smiling. I would recommend him as a doctor. With comments below I am assuming your only angry you did not get your way. In regards to phones, it can be frustrating when you can't get through but understandable that front staff are very busy with various jobs.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2017

Dr. Nelson is a wonderful and caring man. He has always taken the time to listen to me and treat me with respect and dignity. If a referral is needed I have not waited long g to get one. I just wish my youngest son had, had him for a doctor. He would not have suffered the way he did before he passed. Thank God for doctors like Dr. Nelson

flag | Submitted December 15, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr. Nelson's for over ten years. he has always been a caring and knowledgeable doctor. He followed me through my two pregnancies and has continued to provide care for my two children and my Husband. He has always been available for all of our health concerns. I would highly recommend him to anyone as a great doctor!

flag | Submitted March 30, 2016

Dr Nelson is a excellent Doctor. I have been a patient since he first came to London in 2000. His office has always been open to walkin and urgent care patients. He is knowledgable and caring.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2016

I was at work and daycare called saying she had a high fever, I immediately called dr Nelson office and made an appointment. I picked her up and brought her home and her condition got worse. Called Dr. Nelsons office and gave as much notice that I was on the way to emerge and she will not make her apt. She was then admitted for 5 days. I went to do a checkup with Dr Nelson. The staff was beyond rude and not friendly. I was trying to explain the situation and they replied Dr Nelson will not even talk to you until you pay the fee! I was so shocked. This isn't the first time, I then cancelled him as a doctor as well as a few other people I know! All he cares about is MONEY. Here my 1 year old daughter needed to be seen after a major infection in her body after being hospitalized and he wouldn't even see her so I went back to emerge and got referred to an amazing paediatrician. DO NOT RECOMMEND HIM TO ANYONE

Submitted February 1, 2016

I rate doctor Nelson and his staff a 0. The worst doctor to ever walk this earth. You can never make an appointment. They don't like messages so they don't return calls. Doctor Nelson very unprofessionally gave me his personal cell phone because he thought we could have a real relationship together. Everything is rushed and all he talks about it money money and more money. He doesn't care if you have a real problem or not. He just wants to see as many people as possible to get more money. He even told me this. He wants nothing to do with his own patients but wants to solely do walkins because you can see more people quickly for more money. Not acceptable behaviour from this Doctor!

Submitted January 30, 2016

You know you're in trouble when, at long last you finally get into the examination room and there are 8.5x11 pieces of paper taped EVERYWHERE with RULES on them like " One visit, one problem". My personal favorite is " No abusing the staff". There must be 6 to 8 of these rule sheets per room and they start at the reception area. Very unprofessional in my opinion. Dr. Nelson himself? Uncaring and aloof. When I visit I can rattle off a list of symptoms but he only hears the first and he's writing a prescription and no longer listening.

Submitted January 21, 2016