Ratings for Dr. Margaret T. Mickelson

She never knew the gender of my baby at each appointment she called her a him. I had been referred to a specialist to get another ultra sound done as they thought they had found many problems with my baby. A nurse called me on the phone to discuss this not waiting until my next appointment to let me know. Dr. Mickelson walked into the room like nothing was wrong at my appointment and had no idea I was referred to a specialist. It turned out the ultra sound tech had just read the ultra sound wrong and saw shadows and nothing ended up being wrong. I just felt like she never looked at my chart before walking into the room and some of her comments were awkward.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2016

Dr. Mickelson was wonderful. I had a consult with her about a possible hysterectomy. She was very professional and yet compassionate in helping me make the best decision for my case. Would highly recommend her to anyone. Even the post-op appointment went well and she answered any questions I still had.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2014

Dr. Mickelson was the OB I went with for my VBAC. I was never left waiting for very long, she always answered all my questions, and was generally impressed with my level of knowledge about my own situation. Towards the end I could tell she was getting nervous about attending my VBAC. In the end I was in charge of my birth and we had to agree to disagree about a few things (going over my due date, not inducing, and more). She ended up not being the OB on-call when I went in for the birth.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2011

I had her since I was 3 months pregnant. First appointment was good (on time, she sounded helpful), however for next appointments, I had to wait minimum 1 hour. Few times, I was told she left and a NP will see me after waiting one hour, then I saw her walking around the hallway pretending she doesn't even know me. Sometimes, she'd come and spend 3 minutes with you and left without hearing If I have anything to say. And the worst part of all is: her hands are not professional, every time she checked me, I had to suffer severe pain. Most nurses can do it better without pain. Overall I had nightmare and few times wanted to change my OBG, anyway my overall experience was extremely bad with her.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2011

Dr. Mickelson was very knowledgeable and helpful for me. I had to have a colposcopy with her, and she did a wonderful job. Follow-up appointment went well, she was very helpful.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2009

Dr. Margaret T. Mickelson's Credentials

• University Of Minnesota Medical School (Grad. 1994)

Commercial Insurance Company