Ratings for Dr. Michael Y. Gao

Terrible doctor. he delivered my baby, but he couldn't figure it out my problem after delivery. He did not even come to see me in the hospital

flag | Submitted March 22, 2017

The best doctor. My daughter birth was so smooth. He helped me in r dry sugke way he can. We just love him.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2015

Wonderful, Wonderful, excellent doctor for all your needs.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2014

Love love love Dr. Gao!! He was there for both me and my boyfriend when we thought we had conceived but turned out that we were lied to by another dr, he was comforting, and made me feel like I wasn't crazy for crying when he couldn't find an embryo, the other dr didn't even do anot ultrasound just told me I was pregnant. My Sister In Law uses him & delivered 2 beautiful baby boys with Dr. Gao, I was there for my second nephews birth and Dr. Gao kept great composure and was very calm even through the hard parts for her, she didn't have any pain meds. Now that we are pregnant, I'm 25 weeks, he has been nothing but kind, nice, supportive and yet very matter of 9 fact without making us feel uncomfortable or scared as its both of our first child. He's an amazing dr and I will continue using him as my gyno well after I give birth!

flag | Submitted August 18, 2014

Dr. Gao is fantastic...if it's your first appointment and he is convincing you to be his patient. After that, be prepared to be rushed out of his office. I felt like I was pulling teeth if I asked him any questions after I got checked out. I was pregnant with twins, first pregnancy, and he never performed a pap smear! To top it off I called him about my thyroid test because I received the results at home and they were out of range. He insisted they were within range. I took it upon myself to see an endocrinologist, who agreed with me and said that my gyno had made a dangerous mistake and I needed to be put on medication immediately. Please, if you use this doctor, make sure you look at your TSH results and make sure they are within range (it varies for each trimester of pregnancy). I happily switched to a practice where I felt cared for. Gao's Saturday hours are nice but not at the risk of your (or your baby's) health.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2013

Great doctor. Unfortunately, I will not be going back. Beware of the billing dept. I was balance billed which is not acceptable. I tried to get my money back. My insurance company contacted the doctor three times and they will not reimburse me what they should have never charged me to begin with. Beware !!

flag | Submitted July 11, 2013

Great Doctor!!!!! Delivered my 6th child by c-section, while I was scared and afraid. Also had a medical emergency directly after which he admitted me for.... He is the best!

flag | Submitted May 30, 2013

I loved Dr GAO! He was compassionate, soft spoken and right there when you needed him.. He made my first delivery so easy and stress free.. I only wish that he took my Insurance that I have now because I am planning on another child. Im seriously so upset that he won't be my dr when I do conceive. If I had the money, I'd pay cash for him. Best Dr. ever!

flag | Submitted May 9, 2013

Having a good ob/gyn is one of the most important choices in life, it can make childbirth a wonderful experience or a disaster. I just had a baby girl delivered by this wonderful, warm, caring doctor. My baby was breech up until 36 weeks. He explained all options and I was determined to have the baby turned. The version was successful and I had a very smooth sailing delivery. My baby girl is the best gift I can ever have and Dr Gao helped her to us. I can't wait to have a second baby/babies. . He's not rush rush like a lot of other providers.He will definitely be my doctor again.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2013

I have had a quite a few Obgyns throughout my two pregnancies and Dr. Gao is the best. He is knowledgable, patient, and comforting. I am very mentally relaxed during my delivery knowing that I am in good hands. Both my husband and I enjoyed my prenatal visits and really wish that we didn't have to move. His office is very clean and child friendly too and my son loves going there as well.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2013

Dr. Michael Y. Gao's Credentials

• Umdnj-Robert Wood Johnson Medical School (Grad. 2000)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Somerset, NJ