Ratings for Dr. Henry E. Sprance

Dr. Sprance is very confident, smart, straight to the point and not very "talkative". Some people may see this as arrogance but I just think he is so focused on his work (and a bit shy) that he doesn't think to stop and talk about things other than the problem presented to him and how he is going to take care of them for you. If you are the type patient that needs a doctor to "hold your hand" and have great bedside manner, than Dr. Sprance is not the doctor for you. However, if you want an excellent surgeon who is going to treat your condition swiftly and correctly then he is perfect for you. I for one was very satisfied with his work.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2009

Dr Sprance is wonderful.I have overian cancer and if it's at all possible he has made the whole ordeal alot less fearful.He knows his stuff and has made me feel very confident in his care.He and his staff are great.Thank you all.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2009

I found Dr Sprance to be condesending, arrogant and not very sensitive to the fact that he is dealing with womens issues including cancer. While performing an exam on me, he was rough and his bedside manner was non existent. The icing on the cake was when he was finished performing the exam, he walked out and left the door open. I couldn't beleive it. I am looking for another doctor and would not recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2009

Dr. Sprance helped me a great deal. I had a serious problem, and since the surgery he has performed on me, I've been 100% better, and look better, too. (fibroid problem) Right from the beginning, he struck me as being very confident, knowledgeable, concerned. He didn't mince words, got right to the point, because he knew I needed help right away. I was also very grateful that he didn't perform any unnecessary procedures, or remove anything he didn't need to, since some of my tests misread some things about my condition. He's very honest and trustworthy. One other thing I'm grateful for is the fact that he had a great sense of humor. I don't think I could've ever gotten through the whole ordeal without that! It really removed my fear and apprehension of the whole experience, (the diagnosis and surgery.) I hope more doctors will lighten up a little more like him.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2009

Dr. Henry E. Sprance's Credentials

• New York Medical College (Grad. 1985)