Ratings for Dr. Evan Ralyea

Was taken to this smuck as a child in the 90's, I remember him not listening to a word I said. I'm writing now to warn people to avoid putting their kids thru the same pain and anguish Dr. Ralyea caused me. Thanks for telling me, a kid who was having a normal response to a completely dysfunctional family, that I was the one with the problems. This guy is perfect for anyone who wants to get away with abusing their kids.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2017

Disappointed and still no closer to finding an effective treatment. He was only interested in my child's ADHD and prescribing meds for that. Wasn't willing to look at my child's more troubling behaviours, related to PTSD and childhood trauma. Took a year and a referral from a mental health professional before he'd consider those issues. Also, he is careless in his writing - his report on my child contained factual errors, including some other person (not me) named as the parent. My guess is that it was for another patient. Made we wonder how many other patient names and details are mixed up on files. Another issue: I had requested a testing procedure to help assess and treat my child's condition. Even though the doctor agreed to make a referral for it, when I asked for it, he was reluctant to provide one. He only relented after I insisted, and explained that several years of therapy and hundreds of doses of medications hadn't improved my child's condition. We're still struggling with the same (or worse) behaviours.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2017

I saw him when I was a child. Stay away! He would not listen to a word I said, instead he sat there thinking up homework for me to accomplish and dismissed any of my emotions as invalid. If I told him about something that made me upet he would be quick to point out that if I just didn't do this or say that then I would not be in this mess, essentially blaming me for my depression. I left there in tears every single time. Did more harm than good. He also talked about me and my issues to my parents in front of me. He isn't there to help, that part is obvious.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2017

Dr Ralyea is a wonderful psychiatrist. He accepted me as a patient when I had just turned 18 as I hadn't yet found an adult psych and needed help. He was a great help and gave me information and skills that I still use to this day to handle my anxiety and OCD. I can't say enough good about this man.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2016

I have two children who see Dr. Ralyea and they both took to him right away. He is absolutely wonderful with my kids and my husband and I are both very happy with the care he provides for them. He genuinely cares for his patients, we have even had him call us after office hours and during his lunch break to follow up with concerns we expressed.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

He does not listen to the views of the parent or the school, and has used my grandaughter as a guinea pig for drugs of many kinds, including some that have made her suicidal at 9 yrs old. The only drug that helps her, he won't support, due to his pigheadedness about he knows best. He only sees her for 10 minutes every 3 months, and can't talk to my grandaughter in a way she respects. So she won't talk to him. To be honest, I found him to be horrible at trying to relate to a child. I personally would not recomend him to anybody. I don't think he has kept up to date on medical information, and on one occasion I couldn't talk to him in an urgent time, as he was "napping" . I think he needs to retire, as he is too old, and doesn't know what he is doing. His memory has gone as well. He could not remember anything that had occured in the past sessions, which had both myself and my grandaugther rolling our eyes. The biggest problem now, is that we can't get him to prescribe the necessary meds

flag | Submitted October 4, 2013

My son has been seeing Dr. Ralyea for almost five years and the difference is amazing. We tried 3 other Dr.s and no one created a bond with him like Dr.R. He has always been willing to answer questions and give information when needed. He has made himself available on short notice in emergencies and is very careful as to the administration of medication.He is not a Dr. that prescribes medication "just because". He learns the facts and takes time to learn about and get to the know the patient so the correct diagnosis can be made. My sons apts. are now becoming further and further apart because of the good progress he is making under Dr. Ralyea's care.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2012

We have seen him four visits now. He will not listen to us and will not send our child to be tested to find out what is wrong. He does not like diagnoisis because it does not matter as much as day to day. But it does matter if you can not get help. He does not talk to our child but instead lectures us. We are very frustrated.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2008

Dr Ralyea has been very helpful and patient when it comes our son..He has guided us and helped us in many ways.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2008

My child took to Dr. Ralyea immediately. Although my child was very difficult to handle Dr.Ralyea was very open to understand our point of view and welcomed input from us. It took a while to get our son on track, but it was worth the wait. We just wish he wasn't so busy so we could go see him more often.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2007