Ratings for Dr. Melissa C. Yih

Dr Yih is very inaccurate with diagnosis and takes too long to make a decision, her staff is very rude and made many mistakes, in my first visit she told us there was no sperm in my husband's SA, and the only thing she did is told us to go see a urologist and failed to order genetic testing for my husband. Also, she ordered a sonohyst that was scheduled and then cancelled by the nurse the very same day it was suppose to happen, because she said the blood cultures were no back, when I insisted on having the test done, she said Dr Darder agreed to do the test, this doctor was very rough during the procedure and he was not very thorough with the test, he took only three pics and said there was some thickening of the uterus, Dr Yih called to explain the findings but did not tell me I needed a hysteroscopy. I decided to change practices and see a new doctor, this doctor did another sonohyst and found polys and immediately scheduled a hysteroscopy. Stay away from Dr Yih and this practice.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2013

DR Melissa yih is a wonderful doctor,she has knowledge,takes time to go through everything with the patients, gives various tx options,we had a very positive experience with her,she first gives importance to patients care not to their insurance or money like some of the others,we were sucessful in the first attempt itself with clomid plus IUI.WE DEFINETLY RECOMMEND HER

flag | Submitted November 15, 2012

She's amazing! She has compassion, understanding, honesty, humanity, competence, commitment, empathy, and is respectful.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2011

I really like Dr. Yih and am happy with the entire practice. I have them to thank for my two boys. I felt they were very helpful and took the time to listen and answer my questions. Dr. Yih was very compassionate during my miscarriage. The entire staff (in the Hamilton office) was compassionate as well- I even go back to visit them to keep in touch.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2010

I liked Dr. Yih the best out of the group. She was gentle. Dr. Yih also took the time to explain things each and every time. Her bedside manner was the best in the group. Most of all: we had a baby with their help! The other doctors seemed knowledgeable and capable but felt more businesslike. I also felt that the two founding doctors did not explain things enough. While they may have been through the procedures and medication dosing thousands of times, it might be the patients first or second time. Dr. Yih always explained and wrote down what to do and when. Again, their success rate demonstrates that the doctors and staff are great at what they do but bedside manner could be improved. They won't tell you to keep trying just to make money so keep trying if they tell you your chances are good! It worked for us and for three friends. So I enthusiastically recommend them! Try, try, try again...don't let misses or feeling like a "pincushion" discourage you. Good luck! :)

flag | Submitted August 9, 2010

Not a good experience with Dr. Yih. I saw her one time and was not happy. The only good physician in the entire practice was Dr. Jeryl Natofsky. I got pregnant only because of him. The others were just making money of his care and compassion for patients.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2010

very helpful, nice practice. good success rates at their clinic

flag | Submitted April 7, 2010

Dr. Yih is very indifferent. She is rough around the edges and could not have cared less whether I got pregnant or not. When I was having no success with my current treatment plan, I asked if I had other options and both she and Dr. Darder said "no." I then decided to switch practices & it was a great move. There were in fact other treatment options & they paid closer attention to my test results. They noticed problems with my husband's sperm that IVF New Jersey failed to detect. They also found issues with my thryroid that could be causing my infertility.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2010

While Dr. Yih can be a bit abrupt, she is very thorough and knowledgable, and would spend the time when I had questions or needed further explanations.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2009

Was extremely rude. Gave me no answers after bloodwork for my recurrent miscarriages. She and her counterpart-- Dr. Darder were very rude and uncaring.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2009

Dr. Melissa C. Yih's Credentials

• Univ Of Vt Coll Of Med, Burlington Vt 05405 (Grad. 1995)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Somerset, NJ