Ratings for Dr. Alice C. Chavez

Dont waste your time, money or annual!went to get an annual pap smear from her and had some questions since i had my baby...she couldnt answer ANY of my questions, didnt give me any exercises to help some issues with my pelvic floor, had NO info or helful suggestiond OR samples of contraceptives. In general she didnt really seemed to cAre about any pain i was in or have suggestions except that i go to ANOTHER gyno to get a second opinion. what a waste of my Annual given to me by my insurance, time ad gas money when i could have just seen a more k owlegeable gyno in the first place!

flag | Submitted April 13, 2012

First, their scheduling process for exam, ultrasound, and followup was very inefficient; took over 8 wks. to get my diagnosis on a common uterine fibroid. Dr. Chavez was supposed to call me with the ultrasound results but did not. I called & she was out of town, and her assistant simply said: "oh, looks like you'll need a hysterectomy". I finally saw Dr. Chavez, where she simply said to schedule a hysterectomy, and gave very little information about the condition or procedure; gave very short answers to my questions. I asked about alternatives to the open abdominal surgery, she said there were none. I had researched in advance so told her I was going to get another opinion. I ultimately had my hysterectomy & fibroid removal done by another surgeon in the same ABQ-HP group who used a robotic laparoscopic method. He explained things well & showed me the images. The surgery involved much less cutting, bleeding, pain, scaring and recuperation.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2011

Dr. Alice C. Chavez's Credentials

• Spanish

• Medical College Of Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2001)