Ratings for Dr. Gregory P. Gex

27 weeks pregnant. High Risk w/ cerclage on cervix. Lost late baby due to incompetant cervix in 2010 hence cerclage. After dealing with this office yestersay i switched doctors due to bad attitude with staff members and Dr. Gex despite my being polite while voicing my concerns and questions with baby. Both office staff and Dr. Gex dismissed my concerns and brushed me off. Yesterday I contacted the office regarding a sifnificant increase in fetal hiccups- from never to 4 times a day. Could be signs of cord compression, knots or fetal seisures. Could very well be normal also. When Dr. Gex answered he answered my question with a question. "Do you think we can do anything if there is a problem with the cord?" He repeatedly asked me the question without first discussing what I thought were hiccups and or the increase in these "hiccups". I would not recommend this doctor who's staff and he himself would respond so unprofessionally. If you're looking for someone basic, are a repeat mom or don't have a hifg risk pregnancy then seeing this doctor ia soley up to you. Dr. Gex' behavior showed me he could not perform under pressure- after me calling him out on his questioning me when he is suposed be an advocate. I stayed with this office because I first met with Jennifer Powers who was very commpassionate and thorough. I never saw her again, however, but she represented the office well. Bye bye dry office staff and burnt out Dr. Gex.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2014

For years I searched for the right gyno , never being satisfied with the doctors, or staff , or location. That was until I started to go to Dr. Gex who has some really good reviews online. I'm glad there's never a ridiculously long wait to see him. His staff is friendly and make you comfortable. Dr. Gex is extreme knowledgeable and dedicates time to his patients. He's a great person all around, down to earth and humble. I just had my second boy 6 weeks ago by c-section. I checked in on a Sunday (Dr. Gex was on call that weekend)at around 8:00am and by 9:30 he was there ready to for my surgery. After recovery and settling into my room with my new baby, he came to check up on us. Then both days after he came in also to see how we were doing. Those are the actions that I compare to with my first sons birth , there was a lack of care with the obg i dealt with 6 years ago. To sum this up Dr. Gex is the best doctor I could have ever wished for! I recommend him 100%!!!

flag | Submitted December 17, 2012

Amazing Doctor, he has been my dr for 4 years and is helping me through my second high risk pregnancy. I recommend him to everyone looking for a knowledgeable, caring md he has my health and babies health priority in all our decisions. His front office, billing and nursing staff are great as well. Helpful and concerned to getting you info/answers/appointments as soon as possible

flag | Submitted May 5, 2011

Dr. Gregory P. Gex's Credentials

• Spanish

• Tulane Univ Sch Of Med, New Orleans La 70112 (Grad. 1985)

Healthnet