Ratings for Dr. Jamie Rappaport

Went to see Dr.Rappaport for pain in both ears and tinnitus. Didn't find any infection and had me do a hearing test. Determined the problem was psychological and suggested I see other doctors for brain scans. Months later I saw another ENT who immediately found infections that had been there for so long that the bones in my ears had partially eroded partially. Got the infections cleared up, but now suffer from partial hearing loss. This arrogant, dismissive , impatient man permanently ruined my hearing.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2017

J'ai vu cet ORL par recommendation au part de mon audioprothesiste pour remplir des formulaires de CSST pour une surdite professionelle. Il était tres efficient et tout était envoye vite a la CSST. J'ai déjà mes appareils auditives couvert par la CNESST et un compensation d'indemnite. Une experience tres satisfaisant. Merci Docteur Rappaport.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2017

I saw a family doctor in a walk-in clinic and told him I had lost the hearing in my left ear overnight. He planned to just give me an antibiotic but luckily someone in his office told me I should go see Dr. Jamie Rappaport at the JGH because he had operated on her sister and helped her hear again. Thank G-d I saw him urgently that same day because he sent me immediately for a hearing test and they determined I had a complete sudden hearing loss in my ear. Dr. Rappaport prescribed me steroids and within 2 weeks I could hear again! I'm so grateful for his care.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2017

Extremely knowledgeable about hearing problems. I was referred by an Audiologist who said he was the best ENT to fix my deafness. He replaced a bone in my ear and now I don't need my hearing aid anymore!!😊

flag | Submitted May 19, 2017

Both he & his staff do not care. Went for private MRI on his recommendation, spent over $1000.00, he had the report for over 8 days & when I called for results the secretary said that he is very busy & will read when he has time. Called my GP who read it right away, called back & was told that if all is ok, he does not call you with the results. Great, so you wait not knowing... Find another ENT....

flag | Submitted April 28, 2017

Don't bother. He misdiagnosed a Cholesteatoma in my ear and now I am deaf in that ear! Thanks Dr Rappaport! Oh and it grew so big it eroded most of my inner ear too

flag | Submitted April 19, 2017

I had a 9 a.m. appointment this morning, arrived at 8:45 and by 9:35 he still had not arrived. No good doc. I took time off work this a.m. to see you - very disrespectful.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2017

i have been seeing him for over 20 years. No more.I went a couple of days ago and he ignored me. Told him my husband died 3 months ago unexpectedly and he ignored me. I was having sinus problem and he told me he only looks at ears. I said you are an ENT dr. He did not answer. He dismisses people without looking them in the eye and checking.I have meniere's disease too,I will have to find another ent now. He is aloof and a snob. Will not go back.I also had an app't for my daughter and they did not have her down for one even though they called to confirm.She did not get to see him. Blamed it on call center. Maybe Gaetan Barrette is right.!

flag | Submitted March 5, 2017

I read the reviews on Dr. Rappaport and was at first hesitant on seeing him. Did make an appointment and on my first visit was very nervous as I hate anyone in my ears. He told me I had a bad ear infection and indeed my ear drum was ruptured. He first cleared up the infection and at that point said my ear drum had to stay dry for up to nine months before he would do surgery. In all it took one year before surgery was preformed at the Jewish General Hospital where I was treated with the utmost respect. I am now on my second follow up visit and will find out how well my ear drum is healing. I would recommend Dr. Rappaport to anyone needing an E,N. T. doctor. I'm never rushed in his office and he's just a great all around person.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2016

Je ne comprend pas les gens qui disent que le Dr. Rappaport n'écoute pas, est pressé, est désagréable, etc... Je l'ai rencontré récemment et l'ai trouvé tout le contraire! Il a pris le temps d'expliquer ce qui pouvait se passer et a entrepris son travail de façon très professionnelle. De plus il m,a semblé être une personne d'agréable compagnie! Je n'hésiterait pas une seconde pour prendre un autre rendez-vous avec lui. ENGLISH: I don`t understand all the people her complaining of Dr Rappaport. I found him to be very kind, patient and helpful. He answered, unhurriedly, every question I asked. The man has excellent bedisde manners too! I would not hesitate to consult with him again.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2016