Ratings for Dr. Jamie Rappaport

Don't bother. He misdiagnosed a Cholesteatoma in my ear and now I am deaf in that ear! Thanks Dr Rappaport! Oh and it grew so big it eroded most of my inner ear too

flag | Submitted April 19, 2017

I had a 9 a.m. appointment this morning, arrived at 8:45 and by 9:35 he still had not arrived. No good doc. I took time off work this a.m. to see you - very disrespectful.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2017

i have been seeing him for over 20 years. No more.I went a couple of days ago and he ignored me. Told him my husband died 3 months ago unexpectedly and he ignored me. I was having sinus problem and he told me he only looks at ears. I said you are an ENT dr. He did not answer. He dismisses people without looking them in the eye and checking.I have meniere's disease too,I will have to find another ent now. He is aloof and a snob. Will not go back.I also had an app't for my daughter and they did not have her down for one even though they called to confirm.She did not get to see him. Blamed it on call center. Maybe Gaetan Barrette is right.!

flag | Submitted March 5, 2017

I read the reviews on Dr. Rappaport and was at first hesitant on seeing him. Did make an appointment and on my first visit was very nervous as I hate anyone in my ears. He told me I had a bad ear infection and indeed my ear drum was ruptured. He first cleared up the infection and at that point said my ear drum had to stay dry for up to nine months before he would do surgery. In all it took one year before surgery was preformed at the Jewish General Hospital where I was treated with the utmost respect. I am now on my second follow up visit and will find out how well my ear drum is healing. I would recommend Dr. Rappaport to anyone needing an E,N. T. doctor. I'm never rushed in his office and he's just a great all around person.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2016

Je ne comprend pas les gens qui disent que le Dr. Rappaport n'écoute pas, est pressé, est désagréable, etc... Je l'ai rencontré récemment et l'ai trouvé tout le contraire! Il a pris le temps d'expliquer ce qui pouvait se passer et a entrepris son travail de façon très professionnelle. De plus il m,a semblé être une personne d'agréable compagnie! Je n'hésiterait pas une seconde pour prendre un autre rendez-vous avec lui. ENGLISH: I don`t understand all the people her complaining of Dr Rappaport. I found him to be very kind, patient and helpful. He answered, unhurriedly, every question I asked. The man has excellent bedisde manners too! I would not hesitate to consult with him again.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2016

Soigner c'est d'abord écouter le patient ce que Dr. Rappaport ne prend pas beaucoup de temps à faire. C'est tout juste s'il a pris le temps de m'examiner. La consultation a duré 3 minutes. Et je suis reparti sans avoir pu poser mes questions

flag | Submitted August 12, 2016

Staff very nice. Dr Rappaport took 10 seconds to glance at my chart. Said nothing was wrong with my ear. Did not ask me my concerns. Did not examine my ear. Did not ask my symptoms or reason for exam. Just told me nothing was wrong despite my complaints of ear pain, facial numbness, sinus trouble, ear fullness. He did not care about these symptoms. Dismissed me within three minutes.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2016

I was referred to Dr. Rappaport by a colleague who raved about his reputation as an ear surgeon. It turns out he did his training at McGill AND Harvard!! He diagnosed my otosclerosis 3 years ago and has since done stapedectomies on both of my ears....now I'm completely "bionic" and hear great! I'll be forever grateful to him.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2016

Terrible. Went for severe vertigo starting many years ago. Does not communicate with patient. Took five minutes checking then asking me to go for an ENG test. Went back after the test.. Tests are normal, he said, Does not have anything else to treat me or even suggesting me what to do when I have episode of vertigo. He keeps repeating he does not know why I have vertigo. That's it.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2016

Le meilleur spécialiste que j'ai eu la chance d'avoir! J'ai été opéré par lui pour un cholesteatome a l'oreille droite il y a deux ans. Succès! J'etais a mon troisième rendez vous avec un ORL pour trouvé le bon médecin. Très décourager et apeure! J'avais été opéré deux fois par un autre médecin et les interventions avaient échouées. Depuis deux ans j'ai des suivis réguliers avec dr. Rappaport et je retrouve à chaque fois ce médecin attentionné et extrêmement compétent!! Il prend toujours le temps d'analyser et répondre à mes questions. Il parle très bien français et ce même s'il est anglophone! Chapeau dr. Rappaport !!!

flag | Submitted April 4, 2016