Ratings for Dr. Jamie Rappaport

I was referred to Dr. Rappaport by a colleague who raved about his reputation as an ear surgeon. It turns out he did his training at McGill AND Harvard!! He diagnosed my otosclerosis 3 years ago and has since done stapedectomies on both of my ears....now I'm completely "bionic" and hear great! I'll be forever grateful to him.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2016

Terrible. Went for severe vertigo starting many years ago. Does not communicate with patient. Took five minutes checking then asking me to go for an ENG test. Went back after the test.. Tests are normal, he said, Does not have anything else to treat me or even suggesting me what to do when I have episode of vertigo. He keeps repeating he does not know why I have vertigo. That's it.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2016

Le meilleur spécialiste que j'ai eu la chance d'avoir! J'ai été opéré par lui pour un cholesteatome a l'oreille droite il y a deux ans. Succès! J'etais a mon troisième rendez vous avec un ORL pour trouvé le bon médecin. Très décourager et apeure! J'avais été opéré deux fois par un autre médecin et les interventions avaient échouées. Depuis deux ans j'ai des suivis réguliers avec dr. Rappaport et je retrouve à chaque fois ce médecin attentionné et extrêmement compétent!! Il prend toujours le temps d'analyser et répondre à mes questions. Il parle très bien français et ce même s'il est anglophone! Chapeau dr. Rappaport !!!

flag | Submitted April 4, 2016

flag | Submitted April 3, 2016

I credit Dr. Rappaport and his team of excellent doctors with saving my life. I have read some of the reviews below and they surprise me because my experience was magnificent. The staff is polite. I have been well respected.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2016

I've had a problem with my ears for many years now and I was refered to him from my regular ENT who was too old to follow though on my situation and to do the surgery I would require. I have been seeing him at the Jewish Hospital and he has been thus far been very informative for my upcoming surgery and I have found him very helpful.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2016

I have no idea what happened to this doctor, but he is horrible, and this is being nice! I came in with pain and ringing in my ears. Dr. Rappaport didn't even check in my ears. I would think that would be the first thing that he would check. It didn't last more then 10 minutes, and didn't even give me a treatment plan... I am in pain, and nothing. This front desk staff can not be worst. The argue, and very rude.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2016

Horrible Experience. Need to find another specialist.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2016

I find him a very good ear surgeon I had my left ear surgery in August. He did a good job. My ear does hardly hissing anymore I could hear better. I' m happy with the results.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2015

Expeditive treatment and questionable judgment Met with him at Clinique Medical McGill. Dr Rappaport does not have time to wait. After knowing I had the nose blocked, he ran on the camera to see the interior. he did not any additional questions (on my environment, if I had a shock, since when I have the trouble...for instance). No explanation of what he saw, or did not saw. he did the paper with cortisone and bye. I had to ask myself if I had to come back for a follow up... 2 months after I returned, cortisone made no difference to the problem. I spent this time 1 minute : he put me in one of his associate from ENT. To conclude with, Poor interpersonal relationships capacity, not polite, and very passive. Will never recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2015

Dr. Jamie Rappaport's Credentials

Updates

• A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I was referred to Dr. Rappaport by a colleague who raved about his reputation as an ear surgeon. It turns out he did his training at McGill AND Harvard!! He d..."

April 14, 2016
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Terrible. Went for severe vertigo starting many years ago. Does not communicate with patient. Took five minutes checking then asking me to go for an ENG..."

April 7, 2016
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Le meilleur spécialiste que j'ai eu la chance d'avoir! J'ai été opéré par lui pour un cholesteatome a l'oreille droite il y a deux ans. Succès! J'etais a mon t..."

April 4, 2016
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "Rude no interest in helping to understand the problem. Have no idea how he has important position at JGH"

April 3, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I credit Dr. Rappaport and his team of excellent doctors with saving my life. I have read some of the reviews below and they surprise me because my experience ..."

March 9, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I've had a problem with my ears for many years now and I was refered to him from my regular ENT who was too old to follow though on my situation and to do the s..."

March 4, 2016
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "I have no idea what happened to this doctor, but he is horrible, and this is being nice! I came in with pain and ringing in my ears. Dr. Rappaport didn't even c..."

February 4, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Horrible Experience. Need to find another specialist."

January 5, 2016
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "I find him a very good ear surgeon I had my left ear surgery in August. He did a good job. My ear does hardly hissing anymore I could hear better. I' m happy ..."

November 13, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "Expeditive treatment and questionable judgment Met with him at Clinique Medical McGill. Dr Rappaport does not have time to wait. After knowing I had the nose bl..."

July 9, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Can't call really doctor, very big ego, you have seriouse problem but he say's: ther is nothings you csn take advil, shall i take advil for ever? He is not the ..."

June 18, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "He is not a doctor, he doesn't know what he is doing. Has no time to do a good job because of his ego. He doesn't even take advice from his peers. He make big m..."

June 17, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "Don't waste your time. Went for ringing in ears and vibrating ear drum. He took 2 minutes to look in my ears and told me has no idea what's wrong and can't hel..."

March 5, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "secretaries are very rude and unwelcoming Dr is very nice did a quick exam I think my gp did a more thorough exam but he is very knowledgable and I would recomm..."

February 23, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "WORST doctor ever!!!! He simply doesn't care, is very rushed to rap up the consultation. Doesn't investigate the problem. I came out with no diagnosis. Bottom l..."

February 3, 2015