Ratings for Dr. Samir Batarseh

Dr batarshe and his wife our absolutely amazing. It's because of him doing a tubleplasty that I was able to have three children. I was told for years I would never concieve so to me this man is a miracle and this was 27 years ago. Thank you for making my dreams come true..........colleen blake

flag | Submitted April 16, 2017

This doctor "delivered" my baby 39 years ago. He treated me like a child. On his behalf the hospital staff did an epidural on me even though I was under no duress at all. Unfortunately for me I arrived at Toronto East General Hospital in the middle of the night. I was treated very poorly - separated from my husband (that was standard procedure then), left lying in a dark hallway, not one nurse ever actually made eye contact with me or talked to me except to demand a urine sample, the anesthesiologist demanded that I pull my knees up to my chest and when I really couldn't comply he physical shoved my knees and head together. I went into shock and he proceeded to give me an epidural that I didn't need. Finally I was wheeled into an operating room and left lying under the lights while the nurses chatted about their weekend after they told me to "stop pushing". Suddenly the doctor came rushing in (at 7:00 am) and was suited up by the nurses. He cut me and when I expressed distress he just administered more of whatever was in the epidural drip. He had another doctor there and he was 'teaching' him and using me as a guinea pig. Then they took the baby away and I wasn't allowed to see the baby for 24 hours when I finally demanded that I go to the nursery to feed him. I had signed up for 'rooming in' - to have the baby stay in the room with me at the hospital, which was a new thing then. In order to have that I had to be in a barracks style room with 7 other women. None of us got to have the baby in the room after birth - every one of us was told that the baby had mucus in the lungs and couldn't stay in the room (I heard the same story repeated to every woman who arrived after me). The doctor never come to see me after the birth and when I complained about that to the nurse (because every other woman was checked by her doctor except me) I got loudly reprimanded. I finally recovered enough from the birth ordeal to take some control and I had to 'visit' my baby in the nursery to feed him for the remainder of my stay. I felt like I was in jail. The nurses treated me like a criminal. Follow-up appointments were difficult because I experienced pain from the cut he had made on me - like some sort of butcher. STAY AWAY FROM THIS GUY. HE IS A MYSOGYNIST AND SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO PRACTICE IN CANADA. If I had discovered this site sooner I would have given my warning years ago. I had another trouble-free and completely natural birth 5 years later with another doctor and a midwife. Do not trust this doctor. Class action lawsuit might be required to prevent him from practicing.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2016

He repeatively said to me "you are tight, wow you are tight" while doing my 6 week check up after having my daughter (I had her via emerg c section because she was at 10 cm for 5 hours) I found this to be really really disturbing and refuse to see him again.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2014

Beware if you’re planning to see this dr., I have seen him l twice last year. The 1st visit, he was very disorganized. On the 2nd visit, he spend 1/2 of my visit complaint about other patients after I have wait for 1 hour to see him. Currently, I have some issues that I need to see the Gyn. again. I was told I need another referral from my GP even though I have seen him < 1 year ago, but apparently the referral date was from > 1 year ago (a few days more). After I got my referral from the GP, wait for another month for my appointment. On my appointment date, I got caught in the traffic & was 15 minutes late & the dr. REFUSED to see me even there's no patients in the clinic. His next appt. was late too, so, I guess he's sending that patient away again. My question is: Is it ethical to send away patients when the dr. just sitting there doing nothing, regardless if the patients have been waiting for months to get a appointment? It’s fine for patients to wait for hours for the dr.,but not vice versa, talk about power manipulation!

flag | Submitted June 25, 2013

Dear Dr. Batarseh, Thank you very much for delivering my baby! I recommend this doctr as he is professional, talanted, has lot's of energy and knowledge, sticks to important issues (true,he doesn't like too many questions from pregnanat women), he knows if there is an issue to worry about and when you should just relax and enjoy pregnancy. he was reassuring me constantly during pregnancy and in labor. I refused to take epidural, so he was very patient with all my screaming :-) I wish Dr Batarseh many more years of practice and strong health! he's a total sweetheart! Please don't be descouraged by first impression or poor ratings, at the end you'll be thankfull to him. good luck to everyone! Anastassiya

flag | Submitted August 24, 2011

THIS DOCTOR IS THE BEST IN HIS FIELD...HE DELIVERED MY 3 CHILDREN.I HAVE COMPLETE FAITH IN THIS DOCTOR 100%.I WOULD REFER HIM TO ANY OF MY FRIENDS WITH PLEASURE.THANKS TO HIM...MY EXPERIENCE HAVING MY CHILDREN WAS A GREAT PLEASURE.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2009

What can I say? Traumatic experience. I did 4 treatments at the IVF clinic. The head nurse there should be fired and forced to leave the country. Some of the staff was nice but overall If I had any questions, I could not get them answered properly. I barely saw my doctor through 4 treatments. All I kept seeing were other doctors that did not have a clue about what was going on. After pumping me up full of drugs one treatment, I did get pregnant only to lose it because of ectopic pregnancy. At least that's what they told me because they did not send me for any tests. I was panicking as I had never been pregnant before and all they did at the clinic was yell at me and treat me bad. The head nurse even kicked me out and stopped the others from talking to me. Unbelievable!!!!! Thank god I was persistent when I had my ectopic because no doctor wanted to deal with me. Whoever reads this, do yourself a favor and stay away from this place. I went to another clinic after and was happier.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2009

This doctor and the clinic are a joke. They have no compassion toward their patients, the staff are rude and the doctors just want your $$$$ I will NEVER go back!

flag | Submitted December 8, 2008

he is the head of ivf canada...but if you get pregnant DO NOT choose him you place your baby(ies) at risk he does not bother to look at ultrasounds till the next month or two when you have an appointment!!1 His receptionist has no degree yet she insulted me in front of everyone ...told me every pregnancy is easy! And that my pain is in my mind to get off of work !!! WTF..I was bleeding and had severe pain when she told me this! I ended up on hospital and they said the pain was real caused by my cervix openning !They said I had every right to complain the doctor had the hospital wondered if she was married to him that this woman should think she is medically qualified and has the right to act like a rude PIG

flag | Submitted October 24, 2008

I personally think that Dr. Batarseh is an incredibly excellent Dr. who has seen alot of cases and has alot of knowledge and experience. He says and does all the necessary, doesn't loose time over unimportant things. Even thought he speaks fast he explains and answers all of your questions. He took really good care of me during my first pregnancy and i felt like he never took risks regarding my health or the baby's. On top of all he has a great sense of humour, which is very comforting when you are expencting ...I highly recommend Dr. Batarseh

flag | Submitted October 14, 2008