You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Arthur Harpur

Not the best Doctor, too rushed. Listens to my issues/symptoms and tells my what I don't have, but not what I have. Then is a polite/rushed Okay, with no follow up

flag | Submitted April 25, 2015

flag | Submitted February 18, 2015

My entire family have been patients of Dr. Harpur for the last 25 years. He is an absolutely amazing doctor and wonderful human being. I can't say enough about his outstanding medical care and treatment - he takes the time to know each of our family members and therefore is able to diagnose and treat us with the utmost care, compassion and professional excellence. There has been more than one occasion when a diagnosis a family member received required follow up or referral for more extensive testing etc., and Dr. Harpur has simply gone above and beyond the call of duty, following through and advocating on our behalf in order to ensure that proper and expedient care was received. I wish that all doctors were as caring and compassionate as Dr. Harpur - our family will be lost without him when he retires. He is simply outstanding.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2015

flag | Submitted December 8, 2014

I love being a patient of Dr. Harpur. He is a sweet person who genuinely cares for you and he is very knowledgable. Whenever he doesn't know what to do, then he refers you to a specialist, which is amazing!

flag | Submitted August 13, 2014

I have been his patient for 9 years. He is a kind and knowledgeable man. He helped assess my special needs child with compassion. He did 3 things that disturbed me. I have tried to talk about it with him but got nowhere. 1. He asked me if I "had been a bad girl" when I asked for blood work and std tests at the beginning of a relationship. 2. He inserted an IUD which was very painful, I could barely drive to pick up my child. He ignored my feedback on 2 separate occasions. I felt it was unsafe for me to have to drive. 3. When he assessed me with fibroids he said I would need a hysterectomy. On my next visit I told him that if had upset me that he had leapt to that conclusion. He said " why would you want to keep a diseased organ that had served its function" I would caution female patients.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2013

**The best doctor EVER. He listens and asks questions. What may seem like a relaxed conversation about life and what I have been doing is really his way to diagnosed what I hide....he finds out all kinds of things by just talking. Very clever strategy. My kids have seen him from a very young age and the one still living in Vancouver still sees him; my husband also sees him. I have been seing him for over 20 years and trust him with my health. A great doctor

flag | Submitted March 7, 2012

Dr. H is one of the best doctors I've seen in BC. I thought he was a bit brusque when I first started seeing him, but 10 years on he's like an old friend. His wife was my OB/GYN. He sometimes does get distracted with other topics, but that makes him seem human. He doesn't dole out drugs w/o cause and prefers real solutions. I was last there at Christmas and numerous patients brought him gifts. I forgot and felt bad. He is a genuinely caring doctor and fairly proactive. He's not afraid to order lab tests and seems happy to talk about an issue as many times as you need to. My biggest concern is that he'll retire and I'll have to find someone new.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2011

I have been seeing Dr Harpur for 20yrs. Although I live over an hour from Vancouver I cannot bring myself to see anyone else. He delivered my daughter and she also has been with him since her first day of life. He is caring, knowlegdeable, thorough and has a great sense of humor. He has a way of making you feel comfortable and relaxed and that he truely has your best interest at heart.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2010

I've been a patient of Dr. Art for a couple of years only. Already it feels as if I have been going to see him for years and years. Art has a way of giving you his total undivided attention without making you feel rushed. He is down to earth and not a "pill pushing" doctor. He is genuinely interested in his patients well being. He looks to resolve the core issue instead of just giving you a prescription. I appreciate his straightforward manner and his honesty when I deal with him. Not just a great doctor but a really great person as well.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2010

Dr. Arthur Harpur's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 3-star rating has been posted. "Not the best Doctor, too rushed. Listens to my issues/symptoms and tells my what I don't have, but not what I have. Then is a polite/rushed Okay, with no follow..."

April 25, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "He made a situation of abuse worse for me and my child. He is late and neglectful."

February 18, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My entire family have been patients of Dr. Harpur for the last 25 years. He is an absolutely amazing doctor and wonderful human being. I can't say enough abou..."

January 7, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "He saved my life (thorough diagnostic investigation). He's smart, focused (patient care), considerate, and totally likeable. He listens."

December 8, 2014