Ratings for Dr. John Jackson

Awful "doctor". Extremely rude and condescending. To this day, I will never forget how he told my 13 year old daughter with a broken shoulder "well, you're just never going to be a model". He is the reason why my daughter fears and mistrusts doctors. Avoid him at all cost!

flag | Submitted December 3, 2016

if there was no shortage of doctors i wouln t continue to see him. he does not make any effort to help make one feel comfortable. he does not show a sincere intrest in the patient. does not want to disscus anything he only wants to be heard. there is so much more he could do instead of refferal seems to be afraid of making any decsions. he is a waste of our tax dollars.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2016

No manners whatsoever and extremely rude. Acts like you are disturbing him and just hands out referrals. You can't even have a decent conversation with him. To think that we put our lives in his hands is terribly unfortunate. He should not be allowed to practice. I'm sure that if we did a survey, everyone that goes to him only does so because they are stuck doing so due to the lack of doctors.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2015

Very moody and can be rude and abrupt. After Being his patient for more than 15 years (almost impossible to find a new one), he doesn't even recognize me. Doesn't look at my file, and just shoves referrals at me in answer to any question.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2015

Awful Doctor. Does not care at all. I recently saw him to follow up on my diabetis, my medication needs changing, he said I have to see a specialist. Then I told him I have a rash that has spread to about 30% of my body, he refused to look at it and said I need to see a dermatologist (4 month wait). Rash finally drove me crazy so went to pharmacist, she asked to see it, right away she said you need to see your GP and get a prescription as it looks like a severe infection. I told her how my GP had reacted (refusing to even look at it) she said she felt sorry for me and that I should go to CLSC. Now looking for a new GP who will hopefully be more helpful.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2015

Saw this "doctor" at Concordia Sport. He is nothing but a nightmare; rude, demeaning and condescending. Stay away. You are better off with no one than with him. His first words to me were, "What do you want ME to do?" At my suggestion (!), he ordered an x-ray and then refused to read it to give instructions to the physiotherapist. I was forced to seek another doctor outside of Concordia so the physiotherapist could proceed with my treatment. I don't know why Concordia keeps him on!

flag | Submitted July 2, 2015

He is a horrible doctor. I think he got his license from Clown College. Very rude, very unhelpful. I do not know why my parents and I keep him as out GP. He needs have his license removed.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2014

Terrible Terrible Terrible.....rude and no respect for any patient. I do not recommend him!

flag | Submitted November 7, 2014

has no manners its as.if he hates people and is in it for the money only, one fast swipe of your card.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2014

My husband and I have been going to Dr.Jackson for about 6 years.We originally found his bedside manner odd and cold;he doesn't like to be interrupted! However,I had pain in my shoulder for years, self-diagnosed it as bursitis and didn't bother to look into it,even though I couldn't raise my arm over my head. He said it could be calcium deposits and sent me to a specialist who removed 2 deposits with a needle and I've been fine ever since.He pushes us to be diligent and get tested for bone density (me) prostate (husband) and colonoscopy (both). Once we got past his abruptness we realized he was very knowledgeable. He just doesn't like to make judgment calls on anything specialized,but that seems to be the way of family doctors today. People should give him another chance. His secretary is great and we usually wait about 15-30 minutes to see him, not so bad these days!

flag | Submitted February 7, 2012