Ratings for Dr. John Jackson

Anyone who cannot find a doctor will find a willing taker there. I won't comment on punctuality or staff. HE SHOULD NOT HAVE A LICENSE to practice medicine. He would refill my mother's prescriptions without question, not even bothering with BP which was a serious issue and which he should have known by the meds. Any symptom I mentioned was an age issue which was "to be expected, " NEVER an exam of any description. The Lady died with twelve UNDIAGNOSED metastatic cancerous lesions on her liver. The admitting doctor at the LGH was stunned and considering he had all medical records from 15 years previous had no words of explanation; and no thought of The Lady having been neglected; just embarrassment. This was a few years ago. As bad as the health situation still is, it was far worse then... and at a time when her two wonderful doctors took their well earned retirements. Ironically, I found out later that a friend was also his patient. Same story: no exam, no referrals. She passed at 62 from kidney failure.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2018

My doctr of 33 years retired and I was looking for another one. A friend suggsted Dr Jackson, bur she also warned me about him. I should have listened to her warnings. My first visit was set as a one-hour appointment. He was running late and my one hour and my appointment lasted 10 minutes. He asked very few questions and took my blood pressure. When I began speaking about my medical history and my family, he blatantly told me he was not interested. He doesn't want to hear about his patients. Hoes not examine. I asked for a specific blood test and he told me he was too overworked to do the follow-up. Instead, he referred me to a specialist. He gave me the referral and a requisition for routine bloodwork. In the next visit, he interpreted the bloodwork and me I hade either an enlarged prosate or prostate cancer. He did not examine and he did not refer. I have to see him again to get bloodwork results, but this time I will insist on follow-up and referrals. He is the worst doctor I've ever seen, and I would change if I could. He is unhelpful, unsympathetic and uncaring. He is, in a word, terrible. I shall be looking intochanging doctors or going private.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2017

Awful "doctor". Extremely rude and condescending. To this day, I will never forget how he told my 13 year old daughter with a broken shoulder "well, you're just never going to be a model". He is the reason why my daughter fears and mistrusts doctors. Avoid him at all cost!

flag | Submitted December 3, 2016

if there was no shortage of doctors i wouln t continue to see him. he does not make any effort to help make one feel comfortable. he does not show a sincere intrest in the patient. does not want to disscus anything he only wants to be heard. there is so much more he could do instead of refferal seems to be afraid of making any decsions. he is a waste of our tax dollars.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2016

No manners whatsoever and extremely rude. Acts like you are disturbing him and just hands out referrals. You can't even have a decent conversation with him. To think that we put our lives in his hands is terribly unfortunate. He should not be allowed to practice. I'm sure that if we did a survey, everyone that goes to him only does so because they are stuck doing so due to the lack of doctors.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2015

Very moody and can be rude and abrupt. After Being his patient for more than 15 years (almost impossible to find a new one), he doesn't even recognize me. Doesn't look at my file, and just shoves referrals at me in answer to any question.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2015

Awful Doctor. Does not care at all. I recently saw him to follow up on my diabetis, my medication needs changing, he said I have to see a specialist. Then I told him I have a rash that has spread to about 30% of my body, he refused to look at it and said I need to see a dermatologist (4 month wait). Rash finally drove me crazy so went to pharmacist, she asked to see it, right away she said you need to see your GP and get a prescription as it looks like a severe infection. I told her how my GP had reacted (refusing to even look at it) she said she felt sorry for me and that I should go to CLSC. Now looking for a new GP who will hopefully be more helpful.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2015

Saw this "doctor" at Concordia Sport. He is nothing but a nightmare; rude, demeaning and condescending. Stay away. You are better off with no one than with him. His first words to me were, "What do you want ME to do?" At my suggestion (!), he ordered an x-ray and then refused to read it to give instructions to the physiotherapist. I was forced to seek another doctor outside of Concordia so the physiotherapist could proceed with my treatment. I don't know why Concordia keeps him on!

flag | Submitted July 2, 2015

He is a horrible doctor. I think he got his license from Clown College. Very rude, very unhelpful. I do not know why my parents and I keep him as out GP. He needs have his license removed.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2014

Terrible Terrible Terrible.....rude and no respect for any patient. I do not recommend him!

flag | Submitted November 7, 2014