Ratings for Dr. Maxine Spicer

I'M A 52 YEAR OLD WOMEN AND I FINALLY FOUND THE BEST GYNECOLOGISTS. SHE IS VERY DEDICATED TO HER PATIENTS AS WELL AS HER STAFF. SHE CALLED ME TO MAKE SURE I WENT TO GET MY MAMO DONE AS SHE FOUND A LUMP IN MY BREAST. SHE CALLED ME TO MAKE SURE MY BIOPSY WAS DONE AND SHE WANTED TO SEE ALL MY REPORTS. SHE IS KIND AND GENTLE AND A VERY SMART DOCTOR. THANK YOU DR. SPICER AND STAFF FOR ALL YOUR HELP AND KINDNESS. SEE YOU ON MY NEXT APT. IN 2015 SORRY ABOUT ALL THE CAP LETTERS. SORR

flag | Submitted November 22, 2014

Dr. Spicer is a very good OBGYN. I see her for over 11 years now and as soon as there is any issue she makes sure it's tested. She personally called me when a test came back with not very good results and made sure I understand what I need to do next. Every visit I have with her she seems very caring and understanding. She answers all the questions and she is always very helpful when I have questions. I do not understand some of the negative comments since I never had any issues with her. Lately setting up appointments has become a little more difficult but I think it's just the new person. I was told twice now that they will check and call me and I never got a call back with my follow up appointment.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2014

Dr. Spicer is a down-to-earth, no nonsense physician, and very caring. She called me to ask if I had any questions about an upcoming surgical breast biopsy when she received the results of my last mammogram. I have had my share of gynecological issues over the years, and Dr. Spicer has always been a wealth of information and has provided me with excellent care. She thoroughly explains things and always informs you of any options you may have. Yes, she may be a bit "brisk" in manner, but then I'm her patient because I want the best care, not a best friend!

flag | Submitted April 20, 2014

I don't understand some of the rating on here. I have always found Dr Spicer to be extremely caring and a good doctor. She talks to me and listens to me. When I go for my annual she always ask me questions to see if I have other issues. She makes recommendations of other things I should be doing to maintain my health. I have been going to her for many years and plan to continue.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2014

Dr. Spicer has been more than concerned about my well-being. After experiencing a slight pain in one of my breasts, she made sure I had a mammogram and a sonogram. When that showed nothing, she referred me to a breast surgeon who prescribed an MRI and a steriotactic biopsy that showed cancer in its earliest stages. She has called me twice after receiving test results from other physicians wanting to know how I was doing. She always answers all my questions, examines me thoroughly and explains all my test results. She is, without a doubt, an incredibly competent and caring physician and I'm very glad she is my doctor.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2012

Dr. Spicer delivered my first child. When I first came to the hospital after being in labor for 6 hours- contractions 1 minute apart, terribly painful, 4cms dilated- she made fun of me and told me to go home and come back when I was "really in labor." I cam back 2 hours later 7cms dilated. I soone progressed to fully dilated. After I had pushed for an hour, the baby was in distress. Dr. Spicer said that I had to decide: I could push for another hour, or have a c-section. I asked her what her opinion was and she said it was up to me. I went for the c-section. Dr. Spicer was cold and unsympathetic to my pain and my fears. When I went back for my check up, she said she would "allow" me to have another baby in 4 1/2 years. What??? I would NEVER go back to that doctor again.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2011

I have never left a Dr's office feeling so judged and ridiculed then when I left this woman's office. First of all, when she came in looking like a hag I should have known she wouldn't be very helpful. If she can't even put in an effort to take care of herself, how could I expect her to understand me wanting to take care of myself? I left that office appalled at the way this woman spoke to me and I will NEVER go back and I am writing to my insurance company to complain. I would never recommend her to anyone. I came out of her office and immediately made phone calls to my friends to see if I was being too sensitive to some of the things this woman said to me and EVERYONE said this woman was way off base. I spoke to someone else who used to go to that office and she said that she would never go back there either for many reasons. I HAVE BUT ONE REGRET, AND THAT IS THE FACT THAT I WENT THERE AT ALL.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2011

She is never on time and then doesn't spend enough time with the paients. If you have a concern she just blows it off. Bad doctor all around don't waste your time.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2010

She is the most rude and unprofessional doctor I have ever been to. Does not discuss test results. She does not care about her patients. Her only concern is getting paid and making sure she doesn't jeopardize her career. Sher has an extremely poor attitude and actually yelled at me. She also talked about my health in the hallway for all to hear violating HIPPA laws. I will never go to her office again and I have written complaint letters to the practice, insurance companies and NYS.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2010

I think she is a very good doctor. She is no nonsense and is very thorough. She always listens to all of my concerns and has always guided me in the right direction with regards to my health.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2008

Dr. Maxine Spicer's Credentials

• Yale University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1986)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal