Ratings for Dr. Jed L. Turk

My very first baby visit he was the doctor that was on in the office that day & he was so rude to me. Continued to make comments about my age meanwhile I’m 22 years old & my pregnancy was not an accident. Not only did he talk down and belittle me but he made me feel extremely uncomfortable. Around 6minths pregnant I got a bad stomach bug and became dehydrated and after vomiting and having severe diarrhea for 15 hours and not holding any food or fluids down I finally called and of course he’d Turk was the doctor on call, did not help what’s so ever, told me to take emodium and drink water. I was hospitalized the very next day for being extremely dehydrated and the 3 bags of fluid and zofran the hospital gave me finally got the virus under control. Again no help at all.. Finally about 8.5 months just shy of 9 months pregant i was having false labor contractions and this being my first child I was unsure of any feelings that I was having. I refused to see him basically my whole pregnancy but with the false labor contractions that were extremely painful I was sent from to the hospital with what doctor that happened to be on call.....dr Turk...I immediately started getting more worked up because I remember that first encounter I had w him was just horrible. Long story short it wasn’t just that first encounter that was horrible, when I came into the hospital he pulled the sheet off of me to check my cervix and my dignity hurt. He ripped the sheet right off of me exposing me in front of the nurse and not allowing me to cover myself even a little bit, he told me “you’re gonna have to deal w this until the baby comes”...which obviously I will do. He asked me what I was experiencing and I told him lots of pressure and low back pain, he threw his hands up and said I don’t know what that means low back pain? LOW BACK PAIN is pretty self explanatory to me. He has absolutely NO bed side manner what’s so ever. I do not recommend him to anyone. All of my encounters w every provider at this practice was compassionate and explained to me anything I didn’t know and did not make me feel like I couldn’t come to them for anything. Again, I do not recommend this doctor to anyone.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2018

Dr. Turk is a skilled, kind, an compassionate doctor who cares about the welfare of his patients. I would highly recommend him. He really helped me get through my cancer.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2012

Dr. Jed L. Turk's Credentials

• State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center (Grad. 1989)