Ratings for Dr. Lois E. Brustman

I liked he ability, I was high risk pregnant and she took care of me very well, and her staff is more than excellent, Margaret, Dajana Olga Sophie all very sweet.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2017

I had an absolutely horrible experience with this doctor. she gave me horrible advice that was in no way in keeping with my feelings and preferences or the conclusions supported by the literature. I gave her a chance to rephrase or even back-peddle but she stood by her terrible advice. Two subsequent consultations completely disagreed with her and thought her opinion with idiotic and unethical. Had I listened to her, I would have aborted my beautiful, healthy now two year old. I'm haunted by the thought that I could have taken her advice.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2015

I have to say this may have been one of the worst doctor-patient experiences of my life. First off, in New York City there is a giant waiting list for OB GYN's due to the sheer amount of people in the city. I first went to see Dr. Brustman and was pleasantly surprised by her warmth and confidence, but subsequent appointments and dealings with her assistants and the hospital staff in general weren't what I would expect from a top tier doctor listed as one of the best in the city. Then again, I'm beginning to wonder if the award for "best" comes from dealing with such high risk patients or if it's something a doctor attains from writing papers and giving speeches. Not recommended for anyone looking for an organized office, where they are not patronizing or trying to scare you, or where they treat you like cattle (you should see some of the waiting rooms and more than once the nurses weren't sure which blood tests they were giving me, when my next appointment should be scheduled.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2014

I liked he ability, I was high risk pregant and she took care of me very well, and her staff is more than excellent, sherly is a lovely lady and very sweet.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2009

flag | Submitted August 22, 2008

Dr. Lois E. Brustman's Credentials

• New York Medical College (Grad. 1979)