Ratings for Dr. Mary Leong

In all honesty, I'm not sure why I gave her a 2 - maybe because her staff is somewhat understanding. I have been a patient of hers for a couple of years - during which time I've experienced several medical issues, some of which required Emergency Room visits. For every experience, she has shown little bedside manner. She spends less than 5 minutes in the exam room with you, even less in her office, test results are given to you over the phone by a nurse, who is obligated to say no more other than read the report (often days after you were told to anticipate results), you're left with questions that she refuses to answer. Calls to the office asking to speak with her are often gone unanswered or rushed when you do receive one. She provides mediocre service, at best. No patient should left feeling like they have inconvenienced their doctor by inquiring about their own health concerns, especially during medical emergencies.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2017

I have been a patient for a out 3-4 years now. I have waited and waited in the waiting room for long periods of time. But today was the last time. 1 hour and 15 in the room undressed, then was seen for about 5 min then was told I needed a sonogram that I was told I could get into in 15 min. 40 min later, I asked when I was going to be seen. Dr. Leong put me in for a different time then what she told me. The front desk staff is extremely rude, when I wanted to cancel. Everyone in the waiting room was annoyed because they had been sitting waiting for over an hour as well. Walked out and def. won't be back!

flag | Submitted February 29, 2016

Please read all the reviews. They are correct. I find that I have to push back. When I'm tough, I get answes. She's knowledgeable but NOT for the faint-hearted. Disorganization is rampant throughout NSLIJ. I see another doctor there who makes her look like a poster-child for follow up and organization. He took the wrong notes about my condition, an allergy to medicine he prescribed and he didn't give me prescriptions for 3 digital exams he wanted. Dr. Leong noticed them in her notes (same system ) and mentioned them in passing. Based on that, I followed up with him and got them done. I just had surgery with Dr Leong. It was rescheduled 7!!!! Times. I even got a call on the way to the hospital to come earlier. She pretended to be clueless when I asked her. In my opinion, these docs are medically competent but administrativemonkeys. Even my insurance approval letters were for different procedures than what I got. (That's on them!) Again, I got a blow off answer. Obviously, she'll push surgery - that's where the money is. Why else do people work!

flag | Submitted August 4, 2015

Rude and abrasive Dr not what you need when you have health concerns.She keeps you waiting undressed in the room comes in and rushes through your questions.Does not follow up with information after exam .Told me one thing and placed completely different information in the computer.This resulted in a 6 month delay in treatment (from another Dr of course) I definitely will not be seeing her again.And would never recommend her to anyone

flag | Submitted May 17, 2015

Mary Leong is definitely cut to the chase in her way of handling patients. However her mannerism is not acceptable in an outpatient office setting. I would be able to overlook this had she been a triage/ER physician who has to weed out trivial cases, but Leong applies this in her office, which is inappropriate. I personally did not feel she was working for the best interest of the patient and everything was a matter of time and numbers. Establishing a decent doctor-patient relationship does not have to be everyone's priority or forte, but for her to make a patient feel not valued is another issue and very disheartening. Moreover, asking for 2 minutes out of a doctor's busy schedule to explain things is not much to ask for. Had she done so, it would have prevented much unnecessary distress. If you are okay with someone who only treats you for immediate problems with no interest in explaining anything, go to her. But personally, I would never recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2014

She is not worth being a doctor Please don't see her unless she is the only doctor available on earth Beware of her

flag | Submitted November 15, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. Leong's for more than 10 years. I have found her to be professional and compassionate. She answers all my questions and respects my intelligence.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2014

She is rude and spent 2 minutes going my yearly exam. I have 2 children and she shouts out "I can tell you have had many children by the size of your cervix". She is horrible and I would not recommend her to anyone she is completely unprofessional!

flag | Submitted September 16, 2013

She was careless and not friendly. She spent less than 2 minutes for my preventative exam but she claimed a lot of money from insurance. It wasted me more than a year to deal with her billing and insurance company. I never have any experience with any doctor worse than this.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2013

She really is rough and hurts you! She made me wait for 2 full hours in a room once.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2013

Dr. Mary Leong's Credentials

• New York University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1978)

Delta Dental