Ratings for Dr. Tahira Ahmed

I was very disappointed wo Ith Dr. Tahira puncuality. For most of my appointments, i had to wait for a long time passed my appointment time, which i never complained about. However, when im late she lectured me about punctuality and how to be a good Muslim who should respect time!!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted September 19, 2018

This was quite some time ago but I was a patient of hers in Halifax after she took over the practice from my long term doctor. She was very abrupt and dismissive and always in a hurry to get me out before I had even told of any problems. The last straw was when I fell asleep in her waiting room, an hour after my scheduled visit. I woke up to hear her secretary and herself making derogatory comments about me while they thought I was still sleeping.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2018

Dr Ahmed helped my son learn to accept his ADD and helped him get into Bridgeway academy where he got his high school education which would not have happened if he had stayed in public school. She supported and ran a summer camp for kids with ADHD and LD and help them develop skills and confidence. Wish her all the best in Ontario. Halifax misses you!

flag | Submitted June 21, 2017

You can reach Dr. Ahmed in Windsor, ON. at this email address: addclinicwindsor@gmail.com. She travels to Halifax on occasion and appointments can be made by leaving a message at 902-425-7074. All of her Halifax files have been stored so before she sees you here you have to retrieve medical records at a cost of $115 per file. She takes time with patients and gives very supportive and thorough care. She will help advocate for the patient and at one point attended a school meeting with me on my child's behalf. I understand where people would be concerned that she's in "it" for the money, but isn't every person, doctor, professional etc.?

flag | Submitted April 7, 2017

Does anyone know how to gain access to the files of a former patient in her Halifax Clinic.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2016

She did a midnight run from Halifax, charged patients a fortune for their files and she basically tells EVERYONE that they have ADHD. Please do your own research before accepting her diagnosis. She messed up my life for years until I pulled myself away from her profit driven medications.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2015

I know her from Halifax, but now How can I find her new address and her new phone number, I searched the internet but I could not find her number :(

flag | Submitted January 13, 2011

I saw Dr. Ahmed for 4 yrs in Halifax & still see her in Ont. (I moved approx. 18mths. before her move). She's absolutely stupendous: patient, knowledgeable, supportive, an exceptional advocate for her patients. She completely changed my life. Yes,she advises meds, but asserts: "pills don't teach skills"—meds aren't enough (& this="best practice" in the professional lit.). Yes, she ran late — due to being *very* highly in demand as the only ADHD specialist east of Montreal. She is a highly-experienced, Harvard Med.School-trained specialist; *not* "just a GP"; check your facts prior to posting. [Now Atl. Can. has *no* ADHD specialists. Persons distressed by her waiting list & tardiness should've directed their complaints to Capital Health who refuse to hire an ADHD specialist in a city w/ a pop. of 400,000 —instead they referred people to Dr. Ahmed! She worked 12-14hrs, 6 days/week to compensate for their oversight, & is the most dedicated professional you'll prob. ever meet].

flag | Submitted September 22, 2010

She was a great Doctor. I ignored my ADHD until I couldn't anymore when I was in SMU. She worked really hard with me and listened. She was mostly late taking me in, but spent a good amount of time with me. I went on vacation, to come back to find out she suddenly left. I am worried I wont find another Doctor like her. She will be very missed by me!

flag | Submitted August 21, 2010

Never on time! She is overbearing, doesn’t listen and her approach to ADD is to medicate ( long live big pharma!), now that I am a little more knowledgably about the subject it is clear that there are numerous other strategies in addition to mediatation to deal with this disorder ie diet and exercise. My main issue is that she just doesn’t listen and has preconceived ideas and frankly puts everyone down who doesn’t agree with her. She is a GP who specializes in ADD however she often ventures out and in the field of psychiatry I am not sure if she is qualified to do so or if this is appropriate.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2009