Ratings for Dr. Tahira Ahmed

Dr Ahmed helped my son learn to accept his ADD and helped him get into Bridgeway academy where he got his high school education which would not have happened if he had stayed in public school. She supported and ran a summer camp for kids with ADHD and LD and help them develop skills and confidence. Wish her all the best in Ontario. Halifax misses you!

flag | Submitted June 21, 2017

You can reach Dr. Ahmed in Windsor, ON. at this email address: addclinicwindsor@gmail.com. She travels to Halifax on occasion and appointments can be made by leaving a message at 902-425-7074. All of her Halifax files have been stored so before she sees you here you have to retrieve medical records at a cost of $115 per file. She takes time with patients and gives very supportive and thorough care. She will help advocate for the patient and at one point attended a school meeting with me on my child's behalf. I understand where people would be concerned that she's in "it" for the money, but isn't every person, doctor, professional etc.?

flag | Submitted April 7, 2017

Does anyone know how to gain access to the files of a former patient in her Halifax Clinic.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2016

She did a midnight run from Halifax, charged patients a fortune for their files and she basically tells EVERYONE that they have ADHD. Please do your own research before accepting her diagnosis. She messed up my life for years until I pulled myself away from her profit driven medications.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2015

I know her from Halifax, but now How can I find her new address and her new phone number, I searched the internet but I could not find her number :(

flag | Submitted January 13, 2011

I saw Dr. Ahmed for 4 yrs in Halifax & still see her in Ont. (I moved approx. 18mths. before her move). She's absolutely stupendous: patient, knowledgeable, supportive, an exceptional advocate for her patients. She completely changed my life. Yes,she advises meds, but asserts: "pills don't teach skills"—meds aren't enough (& this="best practice" in the professional lit.). Yes, she ran late — due to being *very* highly in demand as the only ADHD specialist east of Montreal. She is a highly-experienced, Harvard Med.School-trained specialist; *not* "just a GP"; check your facts prior to posting. [Now Atl. Can. has *no* ADHD specialists. Persons distressed by her waiting list & tardiness should've directed their complaints to Capital Health who refuse to hire an ADHD specialist in a city w/ a pop. of 400,000 —instead they referred people to Dr. Ahmed! She worked 12-14hrs, 6 days/week to compensate for their oversight, & is the most dedicated professional you'll prob. ever meet].

flag | Submitted September 22, 2010

She was a great Doctor. I ignored my ADHD until I couldn't anymore when I was in SMU. She worked really hard with me and listened. She was mostly late taking me in, but spent a good amount of time with me. I went on vacation, to come back to find out she suddenly left. I am worried I wont find another Doctor like her. She will be very missed by me!

flag | Submitted August 21, 2010

Never on time! She is overbearing, doesn’t listen and her approach to ADD is to medicate ( long live big pharma!), now that I am a little more knowledgably about the subject it is clear that there are numerous other strategies in addition to mediatation to deal with this disorder ie diet and exercise. My main issue is that she just doesn’t listen and has preconceived ideas and frankly puts everyone down who doesn’t agree with her. She is a GP who specializes in ADD however she often ventures out and in the field of psychiatry I am not sure if she is qualified to do so or if this is appropriate.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2009

Dr Ahmed has provided me extensive supporting in working through Adult ADHD. I would recomend her to anyone who thinks they or their child might have ADHD.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2009

I have been seeing Dr.Ahmed for 12 years now, you guys are all liers. If you don't like her, thats fine.. But you don't have to make up lies that she doesn't know anything on ADHD. I wouldn't be where I am today without her. She has become like a second or third mother to me. She has gone out of her way for us kids and teenagers on numerous occasions and has run camps in New Brunswick as well. Yes, she may not be on time a lot, but that has nothing to do with ehr ammount of knowledge. She was asked to go to Ontario to teach at a VERY important college, but guess what? She chose us insted of them, So please, if you don't like her, thats fine, say that. But don't make up lies, that she doesn't know what she's talking about. I love you Dr.Ahmed :)

flag | Submitted April 11, 2009