Ratings for Dr. Lisa Dabney

April 10th 2017 I made an appointment to see Lisa Dabney in May. The same day I tried to leave a message on mychart.com and it was no longer working so I was advised to call the office. I was busy at work so I called at 4:55pm. They close at 5pm. Someone picked up and literally hung up on me five times until 5pm when it was closing time until the answering machine picked up. I was so infuriated that no one would answer my call to simply ask the doctor to call me back because I had a simple question about traveling to Florida and whether I should be concerned about zika. That night after relaying to friends what happened they recommended other doctors. So today I called and made an appointment with someone else. Today when I called Lisa dabney’s office I asked they have the doctor call me. They said she was on vacation (which I don’t believe is true but said nothing) Then I asked to cancel my appointment in May and they hung up on me. I called back twice they hung up on me two more times. The third time they picked up and said they see I have an appointment with dr Katrina Bradley who is also part of the mt sinai practice. At this point they realize I am seeing another doctor so clearly they don’t want me to out them to their boss which is why they continued to hang up on me because they don’t care. This is a horrible way to treat people. Lisa if you are reading this your staff is a detriment to your livelihood. You should 100% fire them for not answering the phones which is in fact their job and treating your patients so poorly that they are seeking other doctors. I actually like you as a physician I had no intentions of leaving but because of how I was treated by your staff I simply never want to deal with them ever again and I will not be returning.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2017

A friend referred my sister in law to Dr, Dabney. My sister in law's appointment was at 1pm but was asked to come at 10:30am instead. She race into the city fro N.J.. paid a $15 toll and $40 for parking. The office had several patients going in and out and my sister in law sat until noon with her husband. At 12 noon, Dr. Dabney walked out of the office and the receptionist told my sister in law that the Dr. had a meeting. they asked when she was coming back and they got no information, no apology...NOTHING! They told the staff that they were leaving and expected at least a phone call with an explanation never mind an apology. The mystery is why were they told to come 2 and a half hour early only to be ignored! My sister in law has a painful condition and was so looking forward to meeting Dr. Dabney. A really horrible experience! No stars!

flag | Submitted March 28, 2017

Dr. Dabney correctly identified a condition I'd had for a year and prescribed medication that greatly alleviated the problem. She is very direct, which is not a bad thing though it may be offputting at first. I have confidence in her and will continue seeing her. However, her staff are far less competent--appointments staff have dropped my call, given me incorrect appointment info, and spoken to others throughout phone call with me. Staff also were supposed to send me Pap test results within 2 weeks; it's been over 4 weeks and I'm still waiting.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2015

I went to Dr. Dabney for a 2nd opinion for vag. surgery. I felt heard. Never felt rushed. She was straightforward and I switched to her bc I felt she was more thorough. She spoke honestly about her experiences with this particular surgery which is a bit uncommon. I just trusted her expertise and felt completely comfortable with her as a surgeon. After surgery I was having recurrent vomiting and called the office --she was on the phone with me in 2 minutes to talk through options. I had a wonderful experience with her. The office staff was just okay. Some good, some borderline rude.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2015

I miss Dr. Dabney, who was my OB/GYN when I lived in New York. I switched to her after feeling "unheard" by the fertility specialist assigned to me. After experiencing early menopause, I really needed a female dr to better get what I was feeling (sorry if that sounds sexist). But Dr. Dabney was much more than that. Always kind. Always knowledable and thorough. I sometimes worried about her giving too much. She deserves nothing but 5s. I am being a tad generous with the staff, but this is typical for NY (long wait times.)

flag | Submitted September 7, 2014

Dr. Dabney is a consumate professional who was called in to perform an emergency surgical repair for me after the birth of my first child. I have been told by numerous other doctors and nurses that she is "one of the best" for the type of surgery that I had. During the procedure, Dr. Dabney was respectful of me, but obviously focused on the surgery. She stayed to answer my questions after and was perfectly polite. I visited Dr. Dabney's office a few weeks later for a follow-up appointment. Her staff were not super accommodating, but were not rude either. I gave them a 3/5. The wait was a bit long, but not terrible. During the follow-up, Dr. Dabney asked me a series of questions about my post-surgical experience, did a physical exam, and spent time to answer all of my questions. She was not overly warm with me, but very professional and reassuring. I believe Dr. Dabney gave me excellent medical treatment and she was professional at all times.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2013

Terrible doctor, all she cares is about malpractice lawsuits (she was very blunt about it, but i guess i could have could sued even though it never occurred to me). I was misdiagnosed, was never given an apology and last straw was when i got abnormal test results, she told me i had to get a very uncomfortable procedure done and she wouldn't even go into detail because she didn't want to deal with lawsuit in the future, i basically switched doctors right after and last check up..i had a normal pap. If you don't want to go through a needless painful procedure or be misdiagnosed i would not o to her.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2013

She is a very knowledgable woman. Her staff is horrid. The girl with the black hair, i would not even gve the satisfaction of asking her name, should be removed fromth entire hospital, if you cant get through the front desk, what good is the dr. She dismisses you and the dr is clueless to what goes on in the front. as for dr dabney she did procedures on me and made me feel at ease. even called me at home to see how i was. Needs to update her staff before I would recommend anyone to her.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2012

Excellent, very knowledgeable doctor. She spent a ton of time with me and answered all of my questions. Not only will I go back to her - but I will recommend her to all of my friends. Very impressed.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2012

Dr. Dabney does not care at all about what you say to her. I told her I was in pain, she dismissed it as gas on two seperate visits even though she knows I have fibroids and cysts. Uncaring Doctor

flag | Submitted May 10, 2012

Dr. Lisa Dabney's Credentials

• University Of California, Ucla School Of Medicine (Grad. 1995)