Ratings for Dr. Mary Gorman

The rare time I need to see her I always can get an appointment. She is great at explaining things and always puts my mind at rest. Tests are ordered when needed and follow up is excellent. I am happy she is my family dr.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2017

- nothing good to say, I'll leave it at that.......

flag | Submitted September 28, 2016

I gave a '1' rating at the Staff level simply because of her receptionist - rude, abrupt, unhelpful. The remainder of Dr. Gorman's staff are terrific people. I gave Dr. Gorman a '2' for Helpfulness because all she was interested in doing was forcing me to commute to Halifax for further treatment which she is quite capable of providing right here where I live. Furthermore I'm not able to travel (I have Parkinson's Disease Level Four when I am 'Off' my meds). I found Dr. Gorman to be decidedly against helping me as a patient, flatly refused to take me on as a new patient even though (anecdotally, from the local support group) she has taken on other patients. If my observation is correct then it appears one has to be well-connected for that sort of consideration. What struck me as most interesting was my observation that even her staff were astonished at her attitude. Very, very odd for someone of her caliber. She has lost my trust in her objectivity towards me as a PD patient.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2013

Facts are these: Dr. Gorman is second to none. A first rate physician. The wait is by time long but not unusually long. If Gloria was a little more pleasant the visit would be great all around. Once you get past the initial feeling you've interupted her she is good. If she followed Dr. Gorman's lead she would smile like it didn't hurt. I have no questions about her efficiency, guarding your confidentiality, or following through with referrals etc...

flag | Submitted November 28, 2008

I thought this was a rating of the doctor not the receptionist.In my experience the receptionist is only following the doctors lead. Dr G. has been my family's doctor for 17 years and we never have a problem getting in to see her. Mind you we also don't abuse the system. Gloria knows if I call for an appointment it is fairly important.Yes, you need to wait but when you do get seen , you are not rushed. You don't mind waiting as then you are given the same attention. Maybe we should start a receptionist rating . Gloria has always been polite, kind and caring to my family.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2008

I left this Doctor several years ago, as she wouldn't see me to look after my emergency problem. Now that I read the reviews, I realize maybe it was her receptionist!? She wouldn't even let me talk to Mary! so had to go to emergency to see Dr. Haggard ( not sure of correct spelling). He was quite nice & saw me right away and took care of my problem. I had to switch Doctors because I lost all my faith right then & there with Dr. Gorman! It would truly be a shame if she had not got the info from her secretary in the 1st place and this was all miscommunication!!

flag | Submitted August 9, 2008

She is our family doctor and we all love her. Very kind, easy to talk to and thorough. Great bedside manner and I hear wonderful stories about her treatment of her Alzheimer patients.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2007

Mary was my parents doctor. She was always available on short notice, great to explain things to them. They always had good things to say about her. I experienced her compassion and commitment to the family as well as the patient. When they passed away she attended the wakes; how many docs do that. If I needed to change docs she would be at the top of my list of replacements.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2007

Mary spent a long time with our family during a geriatric assessment. She was compassionate, knowledgeble and easy to talk to. She also delivered my son 29 years ago, she has excellent bedside manner and truly seems to care.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2007

Mary is very knowleadgeable and very kind. She listens and asks intelligent questions. She's also very patient. My only criticism is that she overbooks - you can spend a lot of time in her waiting room before you actually get in to see her.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2007