Ratings for Dr. Maria T. Benedetto

Dr. Benedetto is a skilled OBGYN and a wonderful person. Her office is well-run and always responsive. She is no-nonsense and you will be in good hands with her and her colleagues. I have a great respect for her and gratitude for 2 successful pregnancies and 15 years of quality health care.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2017

It took my husband and I 8 years to conceive. I was 39 years old with my 1st pregnancy. Dr Benedetto took care of me and what became a high risk pregnancy due to gestational diabetes. She is no nonsense, but also very kind hearted. I think anyone who speaks of her acting authoritative is totally misunderstanding Dr Benedetto. She knows what she is doing and made sure my two children were delivered to me safely, which is exactly the point. It was a rough time, but Dr. Benedetto is skilled and an excellent doctor. She's not for the designer birth crowd who plan every second of the experience so you can instagram and snapchat it. She's about delivering healthy children safely to their parents arms.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2016

Dr Benedetto is a highly respectful professional. Definitely recommend her. She treated me extremely well throughout my pregnancy while both her and dr Anzai were extremely supportive and skillful during my very complicated labor.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2016

Definitely recommend her. Very respectful professional. I am not an easy patient and my labor was very complicated, however Dr Benedetto treated me extremely well. I read all the bad reviews below however we have to acknowledge that during pregnancy we need a respectful doctor who can have a strong opinion. It is at least naïve to believe that we can have an opinion on the medical treatment, that is why we need a skillful doctor who we can trust. Dr Benedetto is one of those. Her style might not be very American, but believe me she is a very compassionate doctor and extremely skillful.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2016

I had a truly terrible experience. She scolded me every visit about my weight gain (which is still in very healthy range.) Even worse she didn't give me information about genetic screening tests that I should have done as an over 35 year old first time mother - and now it is too late. I would never recommend her and I'd advise people to find a more professional and compassionate and balanced practice,

flag | Submitted August 4, 2015

I had a terrible experience with Dr. Benedetto. She was extremely dismissive of my birth preferences and curt/rude when asked to answer basic questions about possible interventions (pitocin, etc.) during birth. She ended up not showing up for my actual delivery (her husband came instead), despite the fact that one of her main selling points was that she shows up to the vast majority of her patient's births. I never received an explanation for why she didn't come. During my postpartum visit, she didn't once mention my birth or my child; she was in and out of the room in less than 5 minutes. Throughout the process, I felt disrespected and unheard. She never took the time to listen to me, explain her actions or connect on any human level.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2014

She induced my labor and didn't let me know what was going on the whole time. Her staff would drug me up and attach all these devices to me and dissappear. I begged for an epidural and she wouldn't give it to me for 7 hours. Torture! When she broke my water, she didn't even tell me what she was doing-I had to ask. Finally, when delivery came, she gave me an episiotomy after 20 minutes-I guess she was in a rush. To make matters even worse, she let a student stitch me back up-with about 20 tries and 15 minutes later when she could have taken care of me in 2 minutes. Want to be traumatized? Pick this doctor. I have found someone else for my second. I am amazed by what it's like to be treated with decency while I am pregnant.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2014

This is not a "doctor"acts more like an animal!!!!!! Worst experience ever!!!! Was in labor with my first yelled at me entire time, and ran out of the room while I was pushing yelled at me non-stop...BAAAAAAAD bedside manners. wouldn't recommend to any human being!

flag | Submitted March 13, 2014

Dr. B is energetic and enthusiastic. Her style is very direct, which for some people might be too blunt. However, you always know that she is up front with you. You will always get the honest truth with her, no sugar-coating. In the delivery room she keeps your energy up, which is a great thing. She really cares about her patients, and invests herself. I recommend her.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2011

I have been a patient for many years. She is great! I love her! She can be a bit direct and no frills; she might also be a bit quick in answering some questions that are not pertinent - but when there is a real issue she is on the ball very efficient in helping, has great bedside manner and helpful. She is competent! Would definitely recommend her!

flag | Submitted June 22, 2011