Ratings for Dr. Cynthia Gyamfi

I'm so utterly confused by these reviews. Dr. Gyamfi has wonderful bedside manner! She is friendly, easy going and most importantly a very skilled and thorough physician. She will make you smile and laugh in appointments even when dealing with an incredibly stressful pregnancy as I was. She is truly an expert in her field, but is humble yet confident in determining the direction of care. I constantly wanted more information on when I would deliver given the baby was measuring small. She always said she would be guided by how the baby is doing and she did just that. She was very calm in a situation where we felt very nervous. I ended up having an emergency C section and she happened to be on call the night we delivered. We truly felt it was fate that she was there and we were so comforted to be in her care. I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Gyamfi. She is such a rare combination of being incredibly brilliant and caring. She was looking out for what was best for me and my baby. I will go back to her if we have another baby and I give her my highest recommendation without hesitation.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2015

These other reviewers had stated what i have felt for some time now. I went through pregnancy with her as my OB, but will never again go back to her. Her bedside manner improved a little since she became a mom herself, but she is too hands off and not empathetic or reassuring as a doctor. Her staff are excellent (nurse -forgot her name, russian - that takes blood work knows how to be quick and painless, secretary nicole is very knowledgable and resourceful), but Dr Gyamfi does not follow up on patient concerns or questions or poo poos things as nothing (even if there are, check for goodness sake or say why it's nothing and what you should look for) and performs her functions robot style - cold and callus. A different doctor on call delivered my child and so i don't know how she is with actual labor and delivery.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2014

Very poor experience with this doctor and with this practice. She is supposedly a high-risk pregnancy specialist. I was measuring small and was naturally concerned. She said there was nothing remarkable about my pregnancy and told me to come back in two weeks. When I returned for the second sonogram, the tech conducting the sono saw that I'd miscarried. There is nothing any doctor could have done about this, I know, but when I called Dr. Gyamfi to discuss the miscarriage, her assistant returned the call and told me to schedule an appointment next time I was pregnant. As for this practice...I was examined by or spoke to 7 different people etween the time I had the sonogram diagnosing the miscarriage and the D&C procedure. Not one of those people was my own doctor, Dr. Gyamfi. They made a painful experience even more horrible.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2010

During initial visit,she came across as dry and impersonal. She seemed knowledgeable in her field of study but lacked a personality. Pregnancy is an emotional time for all involved and a caring and genuinely interested ob/gyn makes all the difference for a positive and supportive experience.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2010

Somewhat detached during visits and holds back information.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2010

Impersonal, stands across the room during visits.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2010

Dr. Cynthia Gyamfi's Credentials

• University Of Miami School Of Medicine (Grad. 1998)