Ratings for Dr. David Fields

I adored Dr Fields and am only sorry to have left NYC because I can no longer see him! He delivered my son and stayed with us through the night while I labored. He is no doubt the smartest, most caring and wonderful OB out there! I love that he takes so much time with his patients! He draws pictures to make sure you understand what he's talking about, and is available pretty much 24/7 whenever there's anything urgent going on. I used to say - if he told me to stand on my head in the corner during labor, I'd do it! Thank goodness it didn't come to that. He has my undying gratefulness for the care he lavished on me during my pregnancy and well after.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2011

Dr. Fields is by far the smartest, best informed, most caring, most analytical thinker I've ever come across in the medical field. I had met him 1 month before being diagnosed with breast cancer. He remembered me, heard the devastation in my voice (got the news on a Friday afternoon) and gave me his cell phone number in case i needed it to get through the endless weekend I was facing, before seeing one of the best NY surgeons that Monday. He, of course, was responsible for getting me into the surgeons office so quickly. Arrogant? YOU BET! and he ALWAYS fights for his patients! On a scale of 1-5, he gets a 6.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2011

I don't know why everyone is saying this, I have had nothing but fantasic feelingsw about him. If it wasn't for him, I would not have the two beautiful children I do today. I think he is very smart and wonderful. I have recommended him to everyone!!

flag | Submitted April 5, 2010

I love Dr. Fields but I understand why people may think he is arrogant. He invited me to his Chanukka party and it was lovely.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2009

I LOVE Dr. Fields! He delivered me when I was born, and my mother and I would never go to another doctor. He is extremely intelligent and knowledgeable. When I was born (and this is over 26 years ago), my mother always tells the story about how Dr.Fields did everything and anything to make sure that I was born without a hitch! Haha...I always tell him that he can't retire until I have children because it would be hard for me to trust another doctor like I trust in Dr. Fields. And not to toot my own horn, but he must have done a good job on his end of my mom's pregancy because I have NEVER been to the doctor/hospital for any type of birth defect or illness, plus I went to an Ivy League school, so he must know what he's doing ;)

flag | Submitted November 11, 2009

Sure, he's arrogant-- but it is backed up by deep knowledge and huge amounts of experience. He is clear about what he recommends, and he is deeply committed to the overall health of his patients. I would trust my body to no other surgeon/MD.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2009

I have two healthy boys soley because of Dr. Fields, and my pregnancies were about as high risk as they come. What the person below refers to as arrogance is actually his complete confidence in his ability to take even the most severe cases of premature labor through to a full-term pregnancy. He is the best option for any pregnant woman, but especially if you have suffered from preterm labor or premature birth in the past.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2009

he was/is great! no idea what those other patients were talking about......he was professional, caring, hard-working, extremely intelligent......and you know what a doctor in an operating room needs to be and i would want them to be arrogant.......he saved my 2 of my babies, now 5 and 7 .......enough said

flag | Submitted July 7, 2009

Dr. David Fields's Credentials

• New York Med Coll, Valhalla Ny 10595 (Grad. 1973)