Ratings for Dr. Joan Murphy

I really like her smiling face and the support. She performed a cyst surgery on me and I am very pleased. Thanks Raji

flag | Submitted August 8, 2017

Dr Murphy is an excellent surgeon, very professional and highly skilled. She is very friendly , that made me so calm before the surgery. I had no hesitation to accept her suggestion because that was the best for me. Great surgery! I did not experience the expected pain after the surgery. I saw her today for follow-up after the surgery 6 weeks ago. Everything turned great. She examined me to make sure I was ok. She answered all my questions professionally and patiently and started some other treatment right away which was not part of this appointment. I could not be more grateful ! Strongly recommend Dr Murphy!

flag | Submitted March 27, 2017

Dr Murphy is a horrible doctor. She did a procedure for me due to precancerous cells in the cervix. I ended up in the ER with her not even picking up the phone to answer my questions after I was discharged. If you are referred to her just run as fast as you can and don't let her touch you.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2016

I would give less than one star in each category if it was possible. Two other women and I had the great misfortune having murphy as our surgeon. Unfortunately for all of us none of us had discussed our experience until it was too late for all of us. She keeps you waiting for a minimum of four hours, so be prepared to miss a day of work. She is cold, uncaring, self absorbed and narcissistic. Never saw her before or after surgery. I had an infection following surgery, I called and left multiple messages and didn't receive a call back. I went to my GP and was treated with antibiotics. Went back to murphy for a follow-up and suture removal. When I got home I could see there were still two sutures left. Called again, no response. Went back to my GP and was taken care of. Went back to get my pathology results, told her the problems I had experienced, she said it was impossible ! I had a list of questions. She cut me off, got up had her hand on the door handle and said I had one more question. I asked what were my pathology results. She looked in my chart said they were normal. I burst into tears as this is how I lost my mother. She sighed and left me in the room sobbing. Her so called talent would be of much better use in an abattoir. If you get referred to her run as far and as fast as you can.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2016

I have seen her 15 years ago for cervical dysplasia. Everything went well at that time. This time however, took a year going to appointments and having procedures, tests done to find that I had large amount of cancer in my cervix. Thank god that the cancer did not spread and that the surgery was hopefully done on time.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2015

Dr.Joan Murphy, Oncol/Gyn./Surgeon PMH.She is personable,warm Dr.warm smile, woman of great positive & hopeful energy.Very busy very dedicated.My GP.of 35 yrs. Dr.Jean Marmoreo said she would place my in the "hands of the best surgeon,"..& indeed she did !!all same praises I gave to J.M. apply to Dr.Murphy.I cannot say enough re: Dr.Murphy.classy,dignified surgeon, beautiful Heart & Soul,listens with the "ears of the heart".Professional,brilliant,answers all ques.,compassionate, respectful,makes you feel like you are the most imp.patient she is gentle. I had da vinci robotic surgery,for uterine cancer.,total hysterectomy I was so blessed, to have a Miracle Angel of a Dr., who created, with God, a miracle of total recovery & am cancer free. Love,hugs, huge gratitude for you, Dr.Joan Murphy, may God Bless you,...blessed are all the patients that have you. Gabrielle, Toronto.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2013

Great doctor, however I have been waiting an hour and a half for my follow up appointment. What a waste of my time.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2013

Dr Murphy is remarkable. She and her staff addressed my case in a professional, efficient and compassionate manner. I recommend her highly.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2012

She is clearly a Doc who has a lot on her plate. However, I found her informative, to the point and definitely took the time to answer my questions. She knows what she is doing. I had Davinci robotic after stage 1b cervical. Recovery great.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2012

Like another reviewer here, I was also told she was one of the best in the world...but came out of surgery with permanent complications that I think was due to her neglegence. I personally found her intimidating and cold.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2011