Ratings for Dr. Eric Bodenstab

During the "meet and greet" appointment, Dr. B emphasized that he wanted to practise preventive medicine. All he asked of his patients was 1/2 hour every year for an annual physical. When it came time for my physical, he was running 1/2 hour late. I offered to reschedule but he said there was no reason to. I was told to undress from the waist down. He did not offer to do a breast examination; my mother had breast cancer. I was wearing a long-sleeved shirt and jacket when he took my blood pressure; I have high blood pressure.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2011

This doc sucks - I was seeing him for over 4 years and he was pretty good at first but the last year his manner has gone from good to horrible. You always feel like your being pushed out of his office because he's too busy for you. He says he would refer you to a specialist and then it never happens - I mean seriously 2 years to get a referral appointment?? His answer is oh they're busy have patience. Or lately its you needed a referral? Why? I'm finally fed up waiting over 3 weeks to see him and when you get there its about an hour wait because he's so far behind that he can only spend 5 min with you. That he couldn't remember what meds HE had put me and asked questions about a condition I didn't have was enough - I found a new doc. I would definitely not recommend this idiot.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2011

I think he really does care about his patients and has a wonderful bedside manner. He is never arrogant or acts as if he is above you in any way.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2011

Dr. Eric B. totally transformed my relationship to medical offices and doctors because of his friendly and extremely warm bedside manner. I highly recommend him for anyone who might be nervous for any reason in medical environments, as I was. I would agree that if you are the type to constantly second-guess your MD and want to spend a lot of time telling HIM what YOU think you need etc., this is probably not the doctor for you. Because he takes a lot of time explaining things and inspires MY trust, I think he is wonderful, particularly in comparison to my previous doctor who was cold, impersonal and made apts very unpleasant. As for helpfulness and knowledge, it only took one apt. for this doctor to assess the correct medication & dose after years of mistakes made by my previous doctor who persisted in overmedicating with the wrong prescription. Dr. Eric is a keeper and a wonderful human being.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2010

I was so happy when he moved to Saskatoon because he'd been my doctor as a child. He is a caring, thoughtful doctor that listens to your problems and addresses the problems head on, sending you for whatever tests are necessary to find out the treatment. Our doctor before basically stood at the door and listened for 2 mins and then left. Dr. Bodenstab takes the time to listen, he has our health in mind all the time because he's the one that reminds us of our yearly physicals. Overall a GREAT doctor to see. As a woman I feel comfortable with his treatment of any of my problems. :)

flag | Submitted November 26, 2009

My husband and I have both seen Dr. Bodenstab and have been less than impressed. He offered me antibiotics when I didn't need them as I had already had a throat swab that came back negative for bacteria. The thing that made me really not care for him was when my husband and I went in there. My husband is in a wheelchair and he talked to my husband like he had a brain injury and he is perfectly coherent and smart, he has a spinal cord injury. He talked to me about how I should take my husband to the lab to get some bloodwork done. My husband pointed out that he is the one who drove us to the clinic. Then when we went to leave he tried to push my husband's wheelchair out the door. Beside all of this, he did not listen to my husbands concerns, told him he was fine and sent us on our way. I will never go to that clinic for a walk-in again because I would hate to have to be forced to see Dr. Bodenstab.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2009

we have been blessed by having dr. eric as our doctor. his knowledge and experience has been a great insperation to my wife as she has several disabilities and has some trouble finding a physician. the botels.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2008

I have been a patient of Dr. Eric's since 1989 and think he is the best dr a female can have. He has always been compassionate and caring and he has always made every attempt to help me with what ever I needed. He goes beyond the call that the now "norm" doctor does. I have travelled back to Tisdale to see him and now that he is in Saskatoon I travel there to see him. He has the best bedside manor and is GREAT with children. I have a Dr. Phobic 4 year old that until she when to him would make herself throw up at the site of a dr...but not with Dr. Eric. He is the best Dr. in this province and I wish that more of the medical practitioners in this province were more like him.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2008

I have to say that dr. Bodenstab is good with the kids, they really like him, but he does his own thing. He doesn't listen to any health concerns that I have about myself or my children. I need a doctor that will listen to me and realize that I know my body if something is wrong should I not be the best judge of that. I absolutly do not recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2008

HE is a very thorough dr. Every time I have gone to him, he is very thorough and not trying to rush you out like most drs. He is a little quirky as he cares so much that is seems weird for a dr to care so much in our stretched medicare society.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2008